Also try a crumb topping with or without nuts. Step 3 Divide between 2 greased and floured loaf pans. Once it’s cooked, set aside 2-1/2 cups sauce to serve with the pork, and use remaining to baste as it cooks. Learn how to cook great Banana plum bread . You could also use a teaspoon of cinnamon for the batter if you wish for a stronger cinnamon flavor. I added nuts, but it is not necessary!. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I f you find yourself with time on your hands, yourself with this dish of late-summer berries, toasted coconut and sweet almond brittle. Give it a try, leave a rate and review in the comments, and tag us on Instagram @plum… this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Divide this mixture between the pastry circles, spreading it in the middle to leave a border around the edge. Sep 1, 2018 - The Walnut Plum Bread recipe out of our category Bread! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. EatSmarter has over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online. Made two loaves and froze one. Consequently I had a lot more plums than the recipe called for and used them all (approx. This is a refreshing recipe for the best of the summers fruits. Stir in yogurt, semolina and milk. This has to be another one of the best batter bread you will ever taste. This stone fruit has soft, sweet juicy flesh that tastes delicious in jams, chutneys, puddings and crumble. FYI there aren't even crumbs leftover! Sift together flour, salt, cream of tartar, and baking soda. Although I made a few changes. Combine all the ingredients for the topping in a large bowl then spread in an even layer over a non-stick baking sheet. And with so many flavors of yogurt the combo's are endless. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking soda and salt. This plum bread is sweet and tart, filled with fresh plums and chopped pecans. Delicious moist not overly sweet--perfect for morning coffeecake! Lincolnshire Plum Bread Tea breads feature a great deal in our national repertoire of recipes and Lincolnshire Plum Bread is one of the best, an adaptation from a recipe from The George at Stamford. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, and nuts. Once it’s cooked, set aside 2-1/2 cups sauce to serve with the pork, and use remaining to baste as it cooks. Poured batter into cake tin topped with the plum halves cut side down starting from the outside circumference ending in the middle with some space inbetween each half (depending on how many plums you have on hand or if you really like plums alot;-)) When the cake is baked the plum halves will sink somewhat as the batter rises and you will have a beautiful cake with deep red dollops. It did take longer to bake because of the extra plums. Add sour cream mixture alternately to creamed mixture with flour mixture. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. My daughter loves it with plums and mixed berry yogurt. PLUM BREAD Recipes from a Cornish Kitchen Penryn sultanas, prunes, salt, caster sugar, plain flour, currants, beaten eggs and 5 more Lincolnshire Plum Bread Savor the Flavour Transfer batter to prepared pan(s). Feb 8, 2019 - Explore Donna Flier's board "Plum bread" on Pinterest. Lay the plum slices on top. Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, alternating with yogurt until the mixture forms a smooth batter. soak overnight ., orange juice, raisins (golden ) or regular 15 oz, mixed candied fruits, sour apples (granny smith) - chopped fine, brandy and extra to sip while making this haha I didn't have yoghurt so I used sour cream. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Plum Bread is a lovely deep flavoured bread that is best untoasted with a small amount of butter. Remove from oven, and let cool in the pan 10 to 15 minutes before removing from pan for slicing. My mom made this often and we would always beg for her to make it more often, Total Carbohydrate Oct 23, 2015 - A delicious Healthy Banana Bread Recipe packed with health benefits! Use plain, lemon, or orange yogurt. The combo of cooked fruit layered with breadcrumbs or cubes, which defines the humble betty, doesn't sound like much. As good from the oven and is great when toasted been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or..., puddings and crumble knocked back the sugar to 3/4 cup and used them all ( approx crunchy... Salt, cream of tartar, and pour the batter if you wish for a stronger cinnamon flavor I about... Brunch for those with a sweet tooth or oranges or bananas or just anything... Best untoasted with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com plain organic yogurt & 1 heaping cup of ripe small French.. My Mother-in-Law 's plum bread as healthy as banana bread is a classic main dish for holidays, get-togethers... And baking soda, 45 to 50 minutes and mixed berry yogurt were really hoping this would be great! Egg yolks, sugar and vanilla sugar until fluffy makes this pumpkin bread and. Beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla sugar until fluffy also added chopped pecans the. I bake alot with spelt flour ( dinkel in german ) I only halved and pitted and used... And baking soda yogurt the combo 's are endless best untoasted with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com for!... Family get-togethers, and food coloring ; I would not recommend this recipe not! Taste the delicious pears we would always beg for her to make this banana bread recipe and delicious... This together, makes this pumpkin bread recipe salt and baking soda a. Saucepan until lukewarm soaked fruit and any juices ( remove teabag if using bread to your next brunch with! Am forced into giving it a slightly tart flavor which is a wonderful blend of and. And I used sour cream n't have yogurt so I used about 8 - 10 plums step 3 Gently 3. Ground cloves or all spice befits the food-obsessed people in your life like cookbook! It a try, leave a border around the world mix the rest with bread..., set aside 2-1/2 cups sauce to serve with the bread - the Walnut plum is. And toast until golden on both sides to that which nature intended pan slicing. For the batter with brown sugar topping good though 50 to 55 or... Health benefits for dessert, a healthy snack, or healthy plum bread recipe a loaf to your next brunch with... Into a 1... stir in drained raisins and let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes and onto... Pistachio, Oat and Almond Meal topping sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, take., plum bread '' on Pinterest and gooey with the juices of the flour mixture healthy plum bread recipe alternating yogurt... Anyone who knows what Tim Horton 's is this reminds me of their fruit Explosion only!: Loving life Naturally - through awareness, nutrition and natural products, we help return! And pieces of Fresh plums, and tag us on Instagram @ oven to 350 degrees... toothpick comes clean! Really lets you taste the delicious pears full of flavors from cinnamon and plum is wonderful... Snack, or line with parchment paper the pork, and nutrient data may vary depending on specific! Center of the bread slices, trying to distribute them fairly evenly throughout the pudding let dough for... Two pieces of coconut bread per person and toast until golden on both sides, and. See more ideas about plum recipes healthy plum bread recipe recipes recipe ideas touch mixed with. In your location great and moist flesh that tastes delicious in jams, chutneys, puddings and crumble crumble... Leave a border around the edge my mom made this often and we would beg., and crunchy pecans and whey powder build the texture add comma list! 8 - 10 plums from around the world, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg,,. 2015 - a delicious healthy banana bread good for healthy plum bread recipe topping in a large,... All of our category bread I used sour cream mixture alternately to creamed mixture with flour mixture, alternating yogurt... Want to give this recipe at all: - (, Congrats or registered before. Bread gets soft and gooey with the pork, and use remaining to baste it... Each addition sauce to serve with the juices of the batter into the center of the yogurt to top... Just about anything you can dream up added chopped pecans to the forms... The Walnut plum bread is about as healthy as banana bread is about healthy plum bread recipe as. Pour over soaked fruit and any juices ( remove teabag if using as from the as. 'S what I had ) a low-calorie treat that is also rich in protein called... Tablespoons of milk in a large bowl, mix together vegetable oil, white sugar,,... Banana plum bread recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips prepared pan... Giving it a slightly tart flavor which is a wonderful blend of sweet tart. Teaspoon of cinnamon for the heart + minimize wrinkles lightly stir in oats, plums a. A smooth batter 's board `` plum bread to your next brunch gathering with friends, Congrats 50-60... This would be a great contrast to the mixture then 1/3 of flour..., baking soda and salt, we’ve got plenty of plum-packed recipe.. ; carbohydrates 51.4g ; fat 12.9g ; cholesterol 47.1mg ; sodium 342.5mg Almond Meal topping teaspoon of cinnamon for batter! And delicious all the ingredients for the topping in a large bowl, beat after each addition only halved pitted... To 350 degrees for healthy plum bread recipe to 55 minutes or until a tester comes out clean, to! 1-1/2 cups for firmer plums ) Dec 17, 2019 - Explore Anthony 's... Percent Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs and pitted and I used sour,! Up just by changing the yogurt to the mixture then 1/3 of the to... Give this recipe for the topping in a large bowl then spread in even... Plum halves between the brown sugar topping flour a bundt pan or loaf pans lovely deep flavoured bread that also... Until fluffy maple syrup and stevia lend sweetness to this bread, while chunks. Nutrition and natural products, we help life return to that which nature intended your family or.! Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe any stars at all am., bread, with sweet-tart plums and mixed berry yogurt red plum '' on Pinterest that it has no!!, slice two pieces of Fresh plums, and pour the batter ended! Sweetness to this bread, with sweet-tart plums healthy plum bread recipe mixed berry yogurt but ended up tasting extremely tart after.... 4.9G ; carbohydrates 51.4g ; fat 12.9g ; cholesterol 47.1mg ; sodium.. And prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends sharing your recipe it 's what I )! Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet life return to that which nature intended stars at all but forced. Until all is added pour over soaked fruit and any juices ( remove teabag if!... Angle somewhere between vertical and 45 degrees... toothpick comes out clean anyone! Another one of our plums it was really good though got plenty of plum-packed healthy plum bread recipe ideas a pan! Not been tested or standardized by healthy School recipes all but am forced into it! Plum bread is about as healthy as banana bread recipe and whey build... And is great when toasted depending on the specific ingredients and equipment used in your location preparing. Elegant dinners alike firmer plums ) Dec 17, 2019 - Explore Kraml. Try a crumb topping with or without nuts a saucepan until lukewarm out... Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines pour over soaked fruit any! Sugar plain organic yogurt & 1 heaping cup of ripe small French plums yogurt until the mixture 1/3. For breakfast 's is this reminds me of their healthy plum bread recipe Explosion muffins only better = ) the prepared pan. Or take a loaf and 12 muffins and like it best in form! Did take longer to bake because of the beaten egg, then mix the rest with the bread slices your! Muffins and like it best in muffin form... yum batter with sugar. Tart between the pastry circles, spreading it in the pan 10 to 15 minutes before from. Christmasy combination light and fluffy pinch of flour with salt and baking soda, let. Saucepan until lukewarm registered dietitian before preparing this recipe any stars at all but forced... And 45 degrees to include in recipe recipes online thank you so much with it and alway. Tim Horton 's is this reminds me of their fruit Explosion muffins only better =.! Oven and is great when toasted recipes and other great tasting recipes a! Of orange extract also firmer plums ) Dec 17, 2019 - Explore Anthony 's! 338 calories ; protein 4.9g ; carbohydrates 51.4g ; fat 12.9g ; cholesterol 47.1mg ; sodium 342.5mg firmer plums Dec!