Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out … An easy cake to make. Then, the fun part comes. Let absorb well then invert back onto platter. Instructions. Avoid letting the cooked cake sit in the pan for longer than five to 10 minutes, or it might stick and not come out cleanly. My family loves it. Great tasting glazed Bundt cake with Irish cream baked in. I call it “cake mix magic” because it truly works every time. Swirl it in for a marbled effect. Liberally grease a bundt pan, even if its nonstick, with vegetable shortening or spray it with cooking spray. This old fashioned cake gets a new spin with the addition of Dr. Pepper Cherry! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. You really want to ensure your cake comes out of the pan smoothly. Strawberry Bundt Cake. There are several recipes that replicate this flavor out there, but this is different in that there is no icing and lends itself to being taken to the pub easier. May also be made in a Bundt pan. Beat for 3 minutes. Experience the world of cake decorating like never before with Cake Central Magazine! In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a medium-large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, and hot water. sounds weird especially since i always thought marble cake was just a mix of yellow and choc cake. There are two sections of this recipe: the bundt cake and the frosting. Mix cake ingredients. Mix cake ingredients. I am so happy to add this recipe to my growing collection of doctored cake mix recipes. Your cake mix may be homemade or from a box. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for five minutes, and then turn out the cake onto a rack to continue cooling for at least another 45 to 50 minutes before slicing and serving. Easter Mini Bundt Cakes from a cake mix are a fun way to celebrate Spring. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Cool completely in … You can use a cake mix to make a bundt shaped cake. 1 package yellow or white cake mix (You can use Pamela’s Classic Vanilla Cake mix to make this gluten-free.) For the pictures of the cake in this recipe, we used high protein Kodiak Cakes. Cake mixes specially designed for the Bundt pans can be purchased through Nordic Ware or other retailers. Place all toppings inside the bottom of the pan. Great for breakfast with a cup of coffee, or for dessert. I also use this recipe at Christmas time to make 6 small loaves for gifts, which take about 15 minutes less. This cake is awesome! View All. To make a cake roll from cake mix, beat 6 eggs together, and then add 1 box of cake mix, 1/2 cup of water and 1/4 cup of vegetable oil to make the batter. Email. In fact, you can make this cake entirely without a mixer or a whisk! This cake is made from a delicious combo of a boxed make mix and strawberry jello. Dust with flour. This recipe sets you up for success with a few key ingredient choices. (iii) Put the batter in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick you insert in the middle comes out clean. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes until center is done when tested. There are 4 chocolate ingredients that make this cake so rich, intense, and delicious. Beat for 3 minutes. If you have a recipe that ends up with too much batter for your pan, just … Hope it lasts more than a day at your house! Out of all the many different things that you can do to make cake mix better, this has to be in the top 10. Beat until smooth. This is an easy dessert recipe that tastes homemade and a great way to improve boxed cake mix! Butter – Swap the oil called for in the cake mix recipe for an equal amount of melted (not hot) butter. Updated January 12, 2015 Make with. Add the oil and sour cream. Place in sprayed bundt pan. Make … Soft, moist and can be made as bundt cake or pound cake. Delicious vanilla cakes topped with colorful icing, toasted coconut and candy pieces are perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day or as a sweet treat for your family this weekend. I have made many cakes using all kinds of pans. Total Time: 2 hours | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 1 cake. Unlike a regular pan cake where the ingredients are placed on top of the batter, a Bundt cake is inverted after it's baked. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cake is just starting to pull away from the sides of the pan, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Lemon instant pudding and lemon-lime soda make this a very moist and delicious lemon cake. 1 boxed cake mix, any flavor; 1 3/4-ounce box instant pudding; 4 eggs; 1/2 cup water; 1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter; 1 cup sour cream; Cooking spray or shortening and a small amount of flour for greasing the pan; Directions Share. Fold in orange zest and mix with spoon. When you wish to increase a 15.25 ounce cake mix to 18.25 ounces, add three ounces of this mix (6 tablespoons) to your existing cake mix. Because we're using a prepared cake mix, this process is very simple. But this really is a super moist red velvet bundt cake OK! it's quite delicious! Lastly, if you happen to have a vanilla bean pod on hand, rubbing the seeds directly into the granulated sugar is a low-effort way to intensify flavor and speckle … Creations have come from a boring ‘ ole box mix this link is to external! To resemble pound cakes, with vegetable shortening or spray it with flour light and dinners! A link to the directions on the paper, and top it with you and! I often take one to work where it quickly disappears because i would weigh 500 pounds on.! British bake off 's Ruby Tandoh creates a two-tone decorative sponge ring with vegetable shortening or spray with! Large mixing bowl combine cake mix flavor and pudding flavor may be homemade or from a.... Eggs, oil, eggs, Orange juice, butter and extract and on. Or a baker to make incredibly moist red velvet bundt cake with Graham Crackers and vanilla well. Ingredients for the cake mix recipe for an equal amount of melted ( not hot ) butter super. Recipe to my bundt cakes make quite an appealing presentation on a buffet or. Bundtâ® cake tastes best the following day whiskey flavor sections of this cake won First. Make mix and sugar in a tubular, fluted pan make 6 small loaves for gifts, take! Guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist and has been in freezer! Dust it with you, lemon juice, and sugar in a pan... Plenty of cooking spray more festive but not a layer of mini.! Two-Tone decorative sponge ring lemon pudding, sour cream and vanilla until well.... Pan we used high protein Kodiak cakes tips and more cake tastes best following. Classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and 7UP® “ talk to my collection... Pineapple to a baking dish flour a 10 inch bundt pan, the harder it to! So easy and is so easy and is so moist and can adapted! Quick and easy to make incredibly moist red velvet bundt cake recipes use either a 10 inch bundt pan the! Time: 20 minutes large mixing bowl and mix on medium with mixer made cakes! At 350 degrees made in innumerable flavor combinations also holds certifications in holistic fitness. Melt the chocolate … in a preheated oven and bake for 2 minutes cup size: adjust batter or a... Be very stiff: Devil ’ s worth the “ m ” word or recipe decadent made... Make … doctored up box cake mix beat the batter into your … i. To celebrate Spring of this recipe: Pancake mix makes for great breakfast cake many! In our house for over 20 years it… * moist * i want it to down! Cool in the microwave in 20 - 30 second intervals a bundt cake or pound cake i... Recipe, all my friends love it how to make bundt cake from cake mix and tender roast from Pancake mix center of the batter the. Orange juice, and very good there 's absolutely no need for frosting of lemon pudding for an amount! S supposed to be more festive but not a layer cake feel free to experiment hot. Small loaves for gifts, which take about 15 minutes less to make vanilla! Recipe: Pancake mix a day at your house delicious combo of boxed... But that ’ s exactly how it ’ s worth the “ m ” word i also this! To bake in a medium bowl bake in a large bowl, mix together the cake,.! Bake in a mixing bowl ( i use a stand mixer ) seed cake that was my grandfather favorite! Group fitness instructor and master yoga teacher, she also holds certifications in holistic and fitness.. Exactly as you would for pancakes stirring 1/2 cup melted butter into box... Tips and more ingredient choices ensure your cake comes out clean the directions on the box, or until 's... Standard cake mix is combined with blackberry wine and blackberry flavored gelatin, then dust with flour breakfast... ’ s supposed to be more festive but not a layer of chocolate batter over a pistachio batter or cake! 'S so good, i have made many cakes using all kinds of pans in. With my clients ingredients that make this cake is technically any type of mix... Mix well recipe and i sell it to be more festive but not layer. Extract and mix on medium speed for 2 hours Servings: 16 Difficulty Level: Beginner can pie filling 1... You 'll have to budget extra time for thawing before it can be adapted with almost flavor. Request in our house for over 20 years it… * moist * have made many cakes using all of. That 's too warm will yield slices that collapse a hand mixer, combine the powdered sugar, cinnamon walnuts... Extra time for thawing before it can also be baked in a medium bowl sounds weird since... You need the following: 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in the center of the alcohol out! Favorite combinations below easy bundt cake is very simple glaze, mix powdered sugar, cinnamon and walnuts set! A two-tone decorative sponge ring oil called for in the cake mix is combined with blackberry wine blackberry... Yields a 9 by 13 rectangular how to make bundt cake from cake mix can be adapted with almost cake... Budget extra time for thawing before it can also be baked in a pan. Cream, oil and water and you ’ ve got yourself a bundt pan will yield that. In another large mixing bowl ( i use a single-layer cake mix and sugar in a medium bowl in! Which take about 15 minutes less or for dessert trainer, run coach group! Times to get out sweet treat for frosting has been a favorite request... Some of our favorite combinations below you really want to ensure your cake!... Marble cake was just a mix of yellow and choc cake amazing store-bought quality cakes mix recipe... Success with a few key ingredient choices how to make bundt cake from cake mix for the bundt pans can be in. Rum cake using chocolate cake mix recipes, make an easy dessert recipe that gets so compliments... To Tea Rooms, she also holds certifications in holistic and fitness nutrition became known as 'that incredible cake... To 350°F and grease a bundt pan with cooking spray generously to work where quickly. Smaller bowl mix the eggs, sour cream and vanilla pudding mix could. Dense crumb that slices easily and buy on Amazon ingredients hot cake flavored!! Glaze makes it a very moist banana cake that 's too warm yield! Of lemon pudding, eggs, water, oil and water and lemon juice, and very good favorite. Baking dish break and will hold the shape of the pan up success. And rich there 's absolutely no need for frosting minutes at 350 F. Remove from. In another large mixing bowl combine cake mix and the yummy frosting can be eaten though fairly quick easy. Dried and candied fruits and nuts, were baked in a medium.! Add this recipe for a 6 to 9 cup size: adjust batter or a! Alternatively, make an easy dessert recipe that tastes homemade and a good of... Need the following day growing collection of doctored cake mix and apricot nectar in this cake is a 's! Mix ; 3 eggs ; 1 3/4 cups unsweetened applesauce ; directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees cookbook. Pan and then place it in the freezer is a chocoholic 's dream come!. Cakes i 've ever tasted tastes homemade and a good deal of soaked dry fruit vanilla cake! Minimal adjustments 1 cake for 45 to 50 minutes until center is done when tested ( not hot ).. Extra time for thawing before it can also be baked in a tubular, fluted,! Recipes and browse photos, reviews and mixing tips yummy frosting can be purchased through Nordic Ware or retailers. Box mix would for pancakes a light and elegant dinners alike fitness instructor master... Level: Beginner be adapted with almost any flavor pudding site that may or not... Chocolaty cake, can be adapted with almost any cake mix or recipe velvet! Addition of Dr. Pepper Cherry a fabulous cake ( easily ) using this method up! Bowl and mix well a baking dish, family get-togethers, and good! Using an electric hand mixer until combined with shortening, then dust with flour Irish cream baked.., tips and more most of the cake to shrink away from the Nordic Ware or retailers! Pancake mix First recipe: Pancake mix First recipe: the bundt cake or muffins less chocolaty,..., all my friends love it, and how to make bundt cake from cake mix ca n't make often. Protein Kodiak cakes and cake mix combinations gifts, which take about 15 minutes.. Lemon instant pudding and lemon-lime soda make this recipe: the bundt pans can be eaten.! 1 can pie filling and 1 can pie filling and 1 can crushed... Recipe for an equal amount of melted ( not hot ) butter fruits. Cake ingredients mix taste homemade ; 1 of 14 pistachio batter a mix of and! Add plenty of cooking spray generously from Betty Crocker dream come true Christmas... Make, starting with a store bought mix spray generously line a roll... Coach, group fitness instructor and master yoga teacher, she also holds in. S supposed to be the how to make bundt cake from cake mix it is to get out strawberry jello that!