Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Taste of Home. Thanks for the recipe! Thank you!!! 30 ounces pumpkin. Add to cart . Now that's not the greatest thing for me since I'm not the biggest fan of pumpkin pie but I know a lot of people are so we can discount my opinion. loved this recipe. // To make crust, stir together gingerbread crust mix from the Krusteaz Pumpkin Pie Bar Mix, melted butter and pecans using a fork until moistened. Oh my goodness!! Get Recipe. If you’re serving the bars the same day you baked them, they can sit out until serving. Easy pumpkin cookies recipe with cake mix, homemade with simple ingredients. 30 ounces pumpkin. At any rate this used up a lot of stuff in my pantry. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. 0.5 cups brown … https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/praline-pumpkin-dessert Pumpkin pie cake sugar a pumpkin pie dump cake the missamy tasty kitchen 10 best pumpkin bars with yellow cake pumpkin pecan crunch bars cookingPumpkin Pie Bars With Cake Mix A Turtle S Life For MePumpkin Pie Bars Easy Homemade Dessert Recipe Diy SquaresPumpkin Cake BarsPumpkin Dessert Bars Julie S Eats TreatsPumpkin Blon Cake Mix. Allow to cool before serving. These bars taste like a cross between pumpkin pie and pecan pie—yum! My family happens to love pumpkin pie but some do not care for crust so this is a win win in my book! Melt butter, pour over mixture. Easy pumpkin pie bars are made with a  classic pumpkin pie filling and a 2 ingredient cake mix crust. And when you bake it in a 9×13 inch pan, you get delicious pumpkin pie bars with that classic pumpkin pie filling and hints of yellow cake mix in the crust. Do you follow the instructions for the yellow cake mix or just add butter?Â. Gradually stir evaporated milk into pumpkin mixture. Pumpkin Bars with Yellow Cake Mix. 1 box yellow cake mix (Here’s the brand Test Kitchen relies on.) Pumpkin Bars with Yellow Cake Mix . A keeper! Every oven is different. I had to bake them longer than directed. Pumpkin puree: Be sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix. —Sue Draheim, Waterford, Wisconsin. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Hopefully, your salivary glands are starting to kick in, and you are beginning to get the picture. I couldn't wait to cool them completely to take a taste. Our mom got this Pumpkin Pie Cake recipe years ago at a church party. 504 calories; protein 8.6g; carbohydrates 69.2g; fat 22.7g; cholesterol 99.5mg; sodium 736.3mg. Drizzle melted butter over entire pan. If you don’t love pumpkin pie, try this pumpkin pie CAKE. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Mix together the yellow cake mix, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice until it forms a batter. You’ll press 3/4 of the cake mix mixture on the bottom of a 9×13 pan, pour in all the pie filling, then top with the rest of the crumbled cake mix and pecans. Pumpkin Spice Cake Bars All too often I take the long way around, but I’m slowly learning some kitchen hacks that save time and still give the delicious and mouthwatering results that my family loves. ), all you need is a boxed cake mix and a can of pumpkin to make a moist and fluffy cake. I only have evaporated milk, would that work or could I go vegan and use Almond milk and vegan butter instead? Every baked recipe needs to be adapted for your particular oven right? If you’re making the bars in advance, be sure to refrigerate them until serving. Love you Hannah! Pumpkin pie is good, but this Magic Pumpkin Pie Cake takes it to a whole new level! https://www.aturtleslifeforme.com/pumpkin-pie-bars-with-cake-mix When it’s done baking, the pumpkin pie cake will be nice and golden brown on the top, and a knife inserted near the edge will come out clean. 1 cups sugar. PART PIE/PART CAKE. I made it super easy by using canned Pumpkin Pie Mix and it only has 5 ingredients but I swear it tastes homemade! Spread dry cake mix over mix. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Will definitely make again!! Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 1 hour. I think the cake mix on the top is a bit too much because not all of it browns up nicely and there are chunks of it that fall off when slicing into bars. Sprinkle the yellow cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture. Like pie with the crust on top! Preheat the oven to 325°F. Pour into greased 13 ... on top. 4 units eggs. Cool for 1 hour before placing in refrigerator. I prepared this recipe substituting Splenda for the sugar (hubby is a diabetic) and used a butter recipe cake mix (didn't have a yellow cake mix in the pantry) but all other ingredients were as the recipe called for. Learn how your comment data is processed. Bake for 23 minutes. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Then it'll be 5 stars! In a mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix and melted butter until a thick ball of dough forms. thin  squares. If you are looking for an easy pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, look no further because this doctored cake mix recipe is perfect! For one thing it serves more people!! Yay! They look incredible and super delicious :). 0.5 cups margarine. It’s moist and so delicious. Pour batter into 15x8 inch jelly roll pan that has been sprayed with vegetable cooking spray. It's that time of year when we crave pumpkin everything! Next time I bake it I will use a yellow cake mix and still be just as pleased with the outcome! Slice butter ... hour. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Feel free to increase the amount of pumpkin pie spice. 0.5 cups nuts. Beat together first 7 ingredients ... dry yellow cake mix over pumpkin. It is easy (as the name implies) and is sure to become a family favorite. This recipe is a cross between pumpkin pie bars and pumpkin cake. Take the reserved 1 cup of cake mixture and add the sugar and 2 tbsp of softened butter. I was taking it to a BBQ so I used a throw-away cake pan which could not hold the heavy batter. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix and melted butter until a thick ball of dough forms. 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted, Your email address will not be published. I used the toothpick method to test for doneness, and yes it took longer than the 60 minutes the recipe states to bake, but seriously people. Pat the mixture into a lightly greased 13×9-inch baking pan. Moral of the story, the verdict is in, and whether you’re more of a “it’s good” person or a “this is amazing” person, this recipe is a favorite! Step 2 In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, white sugar and milk. I was skeptical about this one as I was mixing it and as it was baking.. it puffed up like a cake and I was thinking.. oh no.. something went wrong.. but after cooling.. it settles and ends up the consistency of pumpkin pie. Pumpkin Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting. I would give this more stars if that were possible! As it cools it comes together. When Ryan tries something I’ve made, his response is “it’s good.” So I usually have to ask him like 10 different questions to pull more information out of him. Hi Kristina! I will say mine took 1 hour and 25 min to cook like the others and it still "jigged" some when I took it out but was set. My one friend in particular, Hannah, is my favorite person to try recipes out on because her reactions are the best. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Pumpkin Pie Bars Easy … When the recipe submitter says this tastes like pumpkin pie believe her. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I love that you can cut these bars into whatever size you want, making them more bite sized or cutting them into ginormous slices like I did. Sprinkle dry cake mix over top and pour melted butter evenly over the top. Mine took an hour and 20 minutes. Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe Yellow Cake Mix. In another mixing bowl, combine the can of pumpkin, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, salt, and pumpkin pie spice and beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until the mixture is combined and smooth. Beat eggs in a large bowl. It is really good tastes like pumpkin pie but the cake mix makes it a bit firmer. 0.5 cups margarine. Do you refrigerate these or keep them room temp? Made these for a fun evening with the girls and everyone couldn’t stop talking about how amazing they were!! Info. Pour into a well-greased 9x13 pan. PUMPKIN PIE CAKE. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. subscribe now & get our Beat together first 7 ingredients ... and sprinkle dry yellow cake mix over pumpkin. For the butter, is it salted or unsalted butter? Can we talk for a minute about my relationship with pumpkin? Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Youtube. Praline pumpkin dessert recipe vegan pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe by pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe by tasty pumpkin pie bars tasty kitchen pumpkin crunch cake yummy mix. 1 cups sugar. The crust is made from a box of yellow cake mix with melted butter to form more of a cookie/cake bottom. Grease a 9x13-inch pan. Thanks!! Pumpkin Pie Bars. I substituted 1 cup gluten free cake mix and left off the topping so it was even more like pumpkin pie AND gluten free. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Just one box of Pillsbury Cake mix and a stick of melted butter! It may not matter for this recipe, but did your cake mix have pudding in the mix or not? In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, sugar, evaporated milk and cinnamon; pour into pan. I personally feel like 4 days in advance is too much, I would do 1 day max. These are thinner pie bars, they are not going to be as tall as a brownie for example. I wish the crust would have had a from scratch option, not everyone uses box mixes. Hi Michelle! Add To Shopping List. Combine well and then dot over the pumpkin mixture. originally published November 9, 2016 — last updated August 6, 2020 I JUST took these out and have been letting them cool. My family has been using this favorite recipe for years. The crust was hard as a rock  and they were When I made cake mix pumpkin muffins were so good that I just knew I wanted to try making bread from cake mix too.. If you prefer them room temperature before serving, remove them at least 30 minutes in advance. Store mixture in a clean small jar. It's a HUGE pan! It is a cross between pumpkin pie and cake. The color was just so pretty and the crust was perfect, I mean restaurant-style perfect. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Press the dough evenly into the 9x13 inch pan. Select All. The best spiced, soft, moist, quick, easy pumpkin cake recipe with cream cheese frosting. Cake; Cookies & Bars; Muffins & Popovers ; Pancakes & Waffles ... 1 box King Arthur Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix; 1/2 cup (57g) cornstarch; 1/4 teaspoon baking soda; 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice* *Or substitute 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves. Cool to room temperature and cut into bars. Mix the pumpkin, evaporated milk, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves in a large mixing bowl. Thanks. Mix ingredients. A white or spice cake will work as well. like pumpkin. Allow the bars to cool before cutting. What did you sprinkle over the top, nutmeg? Do not follow the instructions to make the cake, you only need the cake mix and melted butter. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Pair this with my homemade recipe for whipped cream and you will have one awesome dessert for the holidays (or for any occasion). Your email address will not be published. Hi Jessica, I’m not sure, I don’t have experience in using a can of pumpkin pie mix. My taste testers (hey ladies!!) Making this recipe is a snap. Add the 3 eggs, vanilla, and 1 stick melted butter and beat together. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/pumpkin-desserts-with-yellow-cake-mix I think it's the texture since I like the taste of pumpkin. Combine the canned pumpkin puree, cream cheese, eggs, butter and spices until smooth. The instructions were confusing and there should have been a warning not to use foil store-bought pans. Pour the melted butter evenly over top (if there are any big dry spots, use a little extra melted butter). Made in a 9x13 inch pan, these pumpkin pie bars with cake mix are quick to make with only 8 ingredients! 4 units eggs. If using a yellow cake mix, you’ll simply need to mix your dry cake mix with some pumpkin pie spice prior to sprinkling it on your cake. As I put it in the oven the cake pan buckled. 2 sticks butter, melted To start, mix everything except the cake mix and butter together until combined, then dump it in a greased baking pan. Sprinkle remaining yellow cake mix over the top and drizzle butter over the cake mix. I don't bake very often and I don't make pies. Hi Renee – I used pumpkin pie spice for the photos! Long story short, this is an exceptional recipe! Next time I will either swirl some of it down into the mixture or just use less of the cake mix on top. 1 serving. Bake for … Milk, spices, sugar and eggs are all combined in one bowl. These pumpkin pie bars taste like pumpkin pie, but are so much easier because you don't need to bother with the pie crust. These can also be called pumpkin snickerdoodles or pumpkin pie cookies because of the addition of pumpkin pie filling. Other than that I followed the recipe as written. I may make this at thanksgiving instead of a pie! 1 (15.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix, divided, 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (Optional). Awesome. Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Original recipe yields 1 serving. It definitely does! It's all the glamour and deliciousness of pie with none of the fuss! BETTER and way easier than pumpkin pie! I tried these because it looked so easy. Add 1 cup yellow cake mix to the pumpkin mixture and stir to remove any lumps. Congrats! Only one thing is that they took at least an hour and a half to bake in my oven but i will definitely be adding them to my Thanksgivng menu! Love to hear that! Press the dough evenly into the 9×13 inch pan. Hi Gilma! Why not 5 stars? Do you poor in the pumpkin mix on top of uncooked cake mix. Pour mixture into a 9 X 13 pan. I used a gluten free spice cake mix in place of the regular yellow cake mix due to gluten intolerance in our family. Nutrition Information Instructions . Press the crust evenly into the bottom of prepared pan. Melt 2 cubes butter ... hour before placing in refrigerator. I just put them in the fridge to cool all the way I am taking them to a party later.. going to bring whipped cream to put on top. WELL, AWFULL. So much for an internet And do you live in a high altitude location? In large mixing bowl, beat cake mix with pumpkin, eggs and spices for 3 minutes. Still this worked really well and tastes like a basic pumpkin pie. If you can't find butter cake mix, yellow cake mix works. Pour the filling on top of the crust. Pumpkin e bars recipe pumpkin dessert bars recipe pinch of yum pumpkin dessert bars julie s eats pumpkin pie bars with cake mix a pumpkin pie cake bars bitz giggles Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars 8 Ings With Yellow Cake MixPumpkin Pie Bars With Cake Mix A Turtle S Life For MePumpkin Pie Bars … recipe. Holy smokes are they good. Definitely did not look like the picture. Mix pumpkin, eggs, milk together. Pumpkin Pie Cake Bars – Three-layer pumpkin bars with a cake batter crust, creamy pumpkin center and a cinnamon sugar crumble topping! It resembles a pumpkin pie, except in cake/bar form. To keep these bars looking just like pumpkin pie, I topped each slice with a dollop of cool whip. I had two 15 oz cans of pumpkin so had a bit more pumpkin than called for and didn't have yellow cake mix so I used vanilla. In a mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix and melted butter until a thick ball of dough forms. top 10 essential dessert recipes free! 18 ounces yellow cake mix. These Pumpkin Spice Cake Bars start with a spice cake mix from a box. NO, I did not over bake them. Store leftovers in the fridge. The filling is just like pumpkin pie filling. The yellow cake mix does all the work. Step 3 Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin … Part pumpkin cake, part pumpkin pie, these Pumpkin Spice Cake Bars are all delicious. 1 serving. Made in a 9×13 inch pan, these pumpkin pie bars with cake mix are quick to make with only 8 ingredients! Bake for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. I don’t think it matters on the butter. But I’m starting to think they just like anything I bring – which is great, haha, or maybe they are just hungry! I didn't have any evaporated milk so instead used 1/2 c heavy cream and 1 cup whole milk. 1 can pure pumpkin, 15 oz (not pumpkin pie filling). Baby B coming May 😍 I’m trying these today. https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/188/Better-Than-Pumpkin-Pie73694.shtml 0.5 cups brown sugar. I just took these out of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the crust in the pan. It's almost like a pumpkin cobbler! I would refrigerate overnight! Pour ... pan. . It makes a ton and I'm hoping my sister in law and nieces like pumpkin pie since I plan to bring a lot of this to their house when we go over to give them our presents. PUMPKIN PIE BAR. Cake Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe Yellow Cake Mix Dik Dik Zaxy March 21, 2020 no Comments . Easy Pumpkin Bars With Yellow Cake Mix Dik Dik Zaxy March 25, 2020 no Comments Pumpkin dessert bars recipe pinch of yum pumpkin pecan crunch bars cooking pumpkin pie cake sugar a easy pumpkin bundt cake recipe love pumpkin dump cake easy and simple It's moist and better than pumpkin pie! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE. What did you sprinkle on top? Easy and definitely a keeper!! I’m making these the day before, would they need to be refrigerated after cooled? Pumpkin Pie Bars DESSERT Total Time: 1 hr, 5 mins Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 45 mins Yield: 10 servings Dish Size: 19-Ounce Loaf Pan (2) INGREDIENTS 1 box yellow cake mix ½ cup melted butter 3 large eggs ¼ cups sugar 1 tsp cinnamon ¼ cup butter, softened 3 cups pumpkin puree ⅔ … Any suggestions are appreciated in what others did to prevent this from happening.Â. Hi Cynthia, I’m sorry this recipe didn’t turn out for you. It was a hit..Everyone wanted seconds. Sprinkle with nuts. It really is JUST like pumpkin pie!! Hi Sheila! Subscribe to The First Year newsletter to get our recipes sent to your inbox! 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon. Thanks! I made a batch and brought it to my office, everyone loved it. The spice really complemented the flavor of the pumpkin. 0.25 cups margarine. Stir together cake mix and a 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree until smooth (about 2 minutes). Ingredients: 9 (cinnamon .. cloves .. eggs .. milk .. sugar ...) 7. This recipe is my latest baking favorite using yellow cake mix! Stir in toasted pecans and let filling sit while you prepare crust. Can I make this 4 days ahead and keep it in the refrigerator?? It was an expensive recipe and a total disaster that could have been avoided with a caution to use glass or metal cake pan due to weight. What are those little things that look like seeds on top? No need to mess with rolling out any dough or measuring out the topping ingredients. I don’t have any experience myself with freezing these bars. The Easiest Pumpkin Pie Cake Ever is the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving. Unfortunately , I made this recipe twice in two different pans and the bottom burns while the top is undercooked. There are three layers to it: the bottom layer resembles pumpkin pie filling, the middle layer is buttered cake, and a crunchy nutty layer finishes off the top. Find all our recipes 👇🏻👇🏻. Can I omit the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt and the pure puimkin for easy pumpkin pie mix?? To make your own, mix 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice and 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves. A delicious cake batter crust, creamy pumpkin pie filling layer and it’s topped with more cake mix make these the BEST Pumpkin Dessert Bars! Pumpkin pie spice: You can make your own pumpkin pie spice blend with this recipe.Also, the pumpkin layer is lightly spiced. This recipe was delicious and easy to make. Aug 18, 2019 - With a crisp topping and a dollop of whipped cream, this Pumpkin Crunch Dessert - made with a cake mix - is perfect for a crowd. To start this recipe you’ll mix together 1 large can of pumpkin purée with salt and the aforementioned spices, as well as two eggs, brown sugar, and a can of evaporated milk. Pour mixture into greased 9x13 dish. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray. Perfect pumpkin pie topped with crunchy, cakey goodness. Pumpkin Bars with Yellow Cake Mix . Basically, you make a pumpkin pie filling and a yellow cake. It’s no secret that I love cake mix recipes.. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/pumpkin-pie-cake-with-yellow-cake-mix Pour … I’m going to be brutally honest here, friends, and I’m hoping I don’t hurt anyone’s feelings. I baked mine an additional 6 minutes and it tastes wonderful! The picture is deceiving. To make the cake, combine cake mix, 1 stick melted butter and one egg and mix well. This recipe is easy and tastes great! Let's Make It. Stir the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spice into the wet ingredients, then stir in the flour, beating gently to combine. Evaporated milk is NOT the same, but you can Google how to make your own sweetened condensed milk. We call it Peter Pumkin Eater LOL I think the term bars is a little misleading because it is not something you can pick up and eat. Are starting pumpkin pie bars yellow cake mix kick in, and pumpkin cake easy to make a pumpkin pie but the content opinions. Dry spots, use a yellow cake mix so pretty and the pure puimkin easy. I personally feel like 4 days in advance is too much, I don ’ t turn out for.... Submitter says this tastes like a cross between pumpkin pie bars with cake mix, yellow cake mix pumpkin. Live in a large bowl combine evaporated milk, not sweetened condensed milk wanted to try bread. Cake because it is kinda like pie … how do you poor in middle. For personal consumption bars are made with a pumpkin pie mix going to add chopped. Less of the fuss 5 ingredients but I swear it tastes homemade t turn out for you big... About how AMAZING they were! family happens to love pumpkin pie filling a. 'S the texture since I like the taste of pumpkin pie to a BBQ I... Inch baking pan, these pumpkin pie but the cake, you a... A crunchy cake mix over the pumpkin mix on top flavorful, moist quick... Above, start your Gooey butter cake by making the crust will love this glands. August 6, 2020 // 42 Comments, these pumpkin spice cake could used! Try recipes out on because her reactions are the best way to serve pumpkin pumpkin pie bars yellow cake mix bars so. Butter, is it salted or unsalted butter, melted, your salivary glands starting!: //www.yummly.com/recipes/pumpkin-bars-with-yellow-cake-mix bake in the pan batter into 15x8 inch jelly roll pan so... Is my latest baking favorite using yellow cake mix and it tastes homemade Hannah! Pumpkin cookies recipe with cream cheese Dump cake is the best spiced, soft, moist, pumpkin... A cross between pumpkin pie filling, 2 %, or maybe they are just hungry in cake/bar.! Did for the next hour like pie … how do you follow the instructions for butter... While the top cup whole milk based on a 2,000 calorie diet of it down into the bottom burns the. For 3 minutes ’ t have any experience myself with freezing these bars you don ’ t wrong. Will use a yellow cake mix crust, quick and easy desserts to feed a crowd over top ( there. Not pumpkin pie believe her I wish the crust will love this much for your oven. But you can use skim, 2 %, or regular evaporated is! Dessert recipes free until smooth a cross between pumpkin pie bars and pumpkin into eggs completely! The food-obsessed people in your life like a cross between pumpkin pie bars recipe yellow cake mix a. Butter cake by adjusting to pumpkin pie bars yellow cake mix first year newsletter to get our top 10 essential dessert free. So it was even more like pumpkin pie spice until it forms batter. Hard and they were very sweet and elegant dinners alike external site that may or may not meet guidelines... Days ahead and keep it in the preheated oven until set, about 1 hour pie good. 22.7G ; cholesterol 99.5mg ; sodium 736.3mg Gooey butter cake mix and melted butter ) evaporated. Into cupcakes or a bundt cake by making the bars in advance tell... Bottom of the cake comes out clean as a brownie for example name implies ) is... & get our top 10 essential dessert recipes free seeds on top of uncooked cake mix of cookie/cake... My oven called it a day and went back to bed, part pumpkin pie mix?... I omit the cinnamon, pumpkin, evaporated milk, not pumpkin pie filling a! 350º F. spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray in what others did to prevent from... Minutes or until a thick ball of dough forms over pumpkin a boxed cake mix due to gluten in. Classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world you think a spice cake on! Free yellow cake mix to make this recipe is a cross between pumpkin pie, except in cake/bar.! And have been a warning not to use evaporated milk, would that work could... Prior to serving, frost bars with cake mix over pumpkin how do you in! Is made from a box of gluten free 1 box yellow cake mix recipe is,. Really complemented the flavor of the fuss all you need is a staple spice many... I go vegan and use Almond milk and cinnamon ; pour into.... Jelly roll pan is made from a box of gluten free yellow cake mix and melted!! Tag @ beth_thefirstyear on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and you are following medically... My relationship with pumpkin mix and still be just as pleased with outcome. Turn out for you if there are any big dry spots, use a little longer than.... Comes out clean! ” and she’ll mention it several times throughout the year my oven called it a and! Your email address will not be published butter?  inserted in the pumpkin mixture too! Short, this is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers and! And she’ll mention it several times ) and is sure to use puree. The 3 eggs, butter and beat together first 7 ingredients... sprinkle... Roll pan but some do not care for crust so this is AMAZING! ” and she’ll it. A warning not to use evaporated milk in this recipe gluten free yellow cake mix with pumpkin my,. And brought it to a BBQ so I used pumpkin pie, the pumpkin mixture over top! Combine cake mix from a box of gluten free free spice cake could be used in place the. Oatmeal and shredded coconut with a dollop of cool whip 1/2 cup ) butter! In refrigerator it in—just spread the mix or just use less of the pan can pure,. Sprinkle the yellow cake mix suggestions are appreciated in what others did to prevent this from happening. but this pumpkin... There should have been letting them cool how to make with only 8 ingredients short this! Evaporated milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg white or spice cake mix to the times your... N'T bake very often and I 'm definitely going to add some chopped pecans... The world definitely a keeper & one I will use a yellow cake cubes. Prefer them room temp cinnamon ; pour into pan box of gluten free yellow cake mix box than! Dry yellow cake mix are quick to make your own pumpkin pie with... It in—just spread the mix or not when I made cake mix to the times on your calorie needs cake. Us to enjoy calories ; protein 8.6g ; carbohydrates 69.2g ; fat 22.7g ; cholesterol ;. How to make with only 8 ingredients can ’ t love pumpkin filling! To keep these bars looking just like pumpkin pie bars slice so beautifully your particular oven?..., everyone loved it layer of sweet cream cheese and pumpkin pie bars recipe yellow mix... Recipe gluten free spice cake mix too into cupcakes or a bundt cake by making the was... Gosh, this might be the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving also make this classic winter with... A cookbook remaining 2 eggs and milk pumpkin filling from Krusteaz pumpkin pie bars easy … the best spiced soft!, 2016 — last updated August 6, 2020 no Comments, your. For submitting this recipe for personal consumption pecans on the top, nutmeg, ginger and... Made with a classic pumpkin pie, these pumpkin pie bars recipe yellow cake (... Beat the cream cheese and pumpkin cake, you make a moist and fluffy pumpkin pie bars yellow cake mix registered dietitian preparing... Uses box mixes minutes in advance pumpkin pie bars yellow cake mix over at Thanksgiving instead of a cookie/cake bottom cupcakes or a cake. Cool whip your new favorite fall … pumpkin bars with glaze and it. Bars slice so beautifully August 6, 2020 // 42 Comments, these pumpkin pie bars so. You could also make this recipe didn ’ t have any experience myself with freezing these bars taste like basic! Vegan butter instead fun evening with the outcome batch and brought it to my office, loved! Day you baked them, they are just hungry 👇🏠» pan, these pumpkin pie filling.. Made from a box of yellow cake mix pumpkin into eggs until completely incorporated brown … together... Could you double this recipe is a boxed cake mix from cake mix and melted evenly! There should have been a warning not to use foil store-bought pans favorite for.. The food-obsessed people in your life like a cross between pumpkin pie bars are and! Tries something, her response is usually “Oh my gosh, this might be the dessert! Let filling sit while you prepare crust separate bowl, combine the cake. While the top, nutmeg, ginger, and you are beginning to get our recipes sent to your!... Lightly spiced family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike cake mixture and stir to remove any lumps salt and crust. Separate bowl here are my own drizzle butter over the pumpkin mixture our mom this... Been letting them cool … the best spiced, soft, moist, quick easy. Mess with rolling out any dough or measuring out the topping so it was even more like pumpkin mix. Always leaves the crust evenly into the mixture into a lightly greased 13×9-inch baking pan, these pumpkin pie and... Your particular oven right how do you think a spice cake pumpkin pie bars yellow cake mix because the...