Dobbin House Tavern is such a cute little place---and the food is pretty darn good too. They are serving outdoors in two large tents. Share Your Experience! The food was phenomenal! The food was good, with a few misses. Nearby attractions include Victorian Photography Studio (0.05 miles), 1863 Escape (0.2 miles), and Shriver House Museum (0.3 miles). 560 Followers, 14 Following, 77 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Dobbin House Tavern (@dobbinhousetavern1776) This colonial tavern, which is Gettysburg oldest standing building, is set among 3 natural springs and 2 glowing fireplaces. Built in 1776, it is one of the area's oldest … Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg: See 49 traveller reviews, 2 candid photos, and great deals for Dobbin House Tavern, ranked #18 of 22 B&Bs / inns in Gettysburg and rated 4 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg: See 50 traveller reviews, 2 candid photos, and great deals for Dobbin House Tavern, ranked #19 of 23 B&Bs / inns in Gettysburg and rated 4 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Daily Dinner Specials complement this menu. Covid-19 Update. They do have 2 large tents setup outside for more dining. The French onion soup was amazing . Friendly warning! What a great experience from the excellent service really loved the ambiance of the small tavern feeling . Yes, free parking is available to guests. Not only is the atmosphere fantastic but I swear I had the best meal of my life!! Â There was a really entertaining guitarist that went from room to room also. Uncover why Dobbin House Tavern is the best company for you. Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg: Ve 50 opiniones y 2 fotos de usuarios, y unas grandes ofertas para el Dobbin House Tavern, clasificado en el puesto no.19 de 23 B&Bs / hostales en Gettysburg y con una puntuación de 4 sobre 5 Nearby landmarks such as Jennie Wade House (0.1 mi) and Shriver House Museum (0.3 mi) make Dobbin House Tavern a great place to stay when visiting Gettysburg. When you’re feeling hungry, be sure to check out Jaimie's Place and Branding Iron BBQ, which are some barbeque restaurants that are popular with locals and out-of-towners alike. 6036 customer reviews of Dobbin House Tavern. Thanks for a great dinner! But, the food is very average - good but nothing to go out of your way for. The food was just okay, for the price, I expected better.The service was nothing to write home about. Was this review helpful? Every day is an adventure! Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.com.au, 89 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325-2811. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The Springhouse Tavern is located in the basement level of the building and I have frequented it several times and is casual dining and rate it highly too, the building has a very interesting history worth checking into before your visit and allowing some time to explore. 699 reviews of Dobbin House Tavern "A friend of mine ate here on a recent trip to Gettysburg. Gettystown Inn-Dobbin House Tavern - 89 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, O'Rorke's Family Eatery - 44 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, The Hoof, Fin & Fowl - 619 Baltimore St, Gettysburg, Gettystown Inn-Dobbin House Tavern - 89 Steinwehr Ave, Hunt's Battlefield Fries - 61 Steinwehr Ave, Tattered Flag Tap Room - Gettysburg - 45 Steinwehr Ave. I got the steak with a baked potato, salad, and french onion soup. 82.357 persone sono state qui. Dobbin House Tavern Gettysburg; Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg; Get Menu, Reviews, Contact, Location, Phone Number, Maps and more for Dobbin House Tavern Restaurant on Zomato It is an icon with title Location Fill. Just visited here Dec. 8th and had the most wonderful meal in an atmosphere that reminds one of dining in Colonial Williamsburg. Plus, during your trip, don’t forget to check out some of the popular architectural buildings, such as New York State Monument, Leister farm - Meade's Headquarters, and Brian farm. I had seafood and pasta which was very tasty. Select a Rating Select a Rating! They were are to accommodate our large party inside of the house which we greatly appreciated! The employees are close and feel more like family than co-workers. Sitting along Steinwehr Avenue in Gettysburg, PA … A very cool space to hang out in when open. The Dobbin House is OPEN DAILY for outdoor and indoor dining and cocktails. My partner had one of the crab dinners and he loved it. But, the food is very average - good but nothing to go out of your way for. The lunch waiter never brought refills of drinks despite 2 requests and slapped the bill down and walked away without asking if we wanted dessert. One of the best American, Restaurants business at 89 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg PA, 17325. Latest reviews, photos and ratings for Dobbin House Tavern at 89 Steinwehr Ave in Gettysburg - view the menu, hours, phone number, address and map. https://www.mapquest.com/us/pennsylvania/dobbin-house-tavern-2100587 Hotels near Dobbin House Tavern: (0.01 km) Dobbin House Tavern (0.03 km) Gettystown Inn Bed & Breakfast (0.11 km) Inn at Cemetery Hill (0.12 km) Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge (0.20 km) 1863 Inn of Gettysburg Reviews for Dobbin House Tavern. (717) 334-2100. Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg: Se 5.100 objektive anmeldelser af Dobbin House Tavern, som har fået 4,5 af 5 på Tripadvisor og er placeret som nr. 83,788 were here. Photograph: Courtesy Yelp/B.J. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. Fodor's Expert Review Historic 1776 Dobbin House Tavern and Gettystown Inn 89 Steinwehr Ave., Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, 17325, USA CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT 89 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg The best French Onion soup I have ever eaten. 89 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325 We got tired and went elsewhere for dessert and after dinner drinks. Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg: See 5,098 unbiased reviews of Dobbin House Tavern, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #5 of 108 restaurants in Gettysburg. Share your thoughts with other couples. Dobbin House Tavern dates back to the 18th Century, and is on the National Register of Historic Places. that this place is worth seeing, but I'd only get a beer or soft drink and look around - there are other good places to go in Gettysburg for the $25-35 entree range. site:zomato.com the dobbin house inc 17325, how much is beer at dobbin house gettysburg pa, site:zomato.com glowing hearth, dobbin house, gettysburg spring house tavern … Dobbin House Tavern: Great food - Great atmosphere! Springhouse Tavern Diner's Choice Menu (Lite Cuisine for Casual Dining) Alexander Dobbin Dining Rooms Diner's Choice Menu (Candlelight Fine Dining in the Colonial Manner) Note :Most of the above menu items, plus cocktails and beer, are available for Take-Out Private Parties and Banquets (Abigail Adams Ballroom) Student Group Menus The waiter Kenny was so polite and was very diligent! 02/29/2020 - MenuPix User. (717) 334-2100 Website ABOUT "Dobbin House Tavern" The most important feature of this house is that it was a stopping point for slaves during the Underground Railroad. The main problem was the slow, snippy service. Time Out says. Find Reviews, Ratings, Directions, Business Hours, Contact Information and book online appointment. Dobbin House Tavern is a treasured local landmark, offering premier lodging, fine dining and unique gifts to the people of Gettysburg, PA, and surrounding areas. Business details, special offers, read 8 reviews and more.Traditional American Restaurants If you love history, this place is amazing. Read reviews from Dobbin House Tavern at 89 Steinwehr Ave in Gettysburg 17325-2811 from trusted Gettysburg restaurant reviewers. Dobbin House Tavern is a treasured local landmark, offering premier lodging, fine dining and unique gifts to the people of Gettysburg, PA, and surrounding areas. The Dobbin House Tavern is an ideal choice for a casual meal with friends. In 1776, Reverend Alexander Dobbin built a house to begin a new life in America for himself and his family. You gotta try the Baked King french onion soup. Visited the Dobbin House Tavern with my wife and another couple over President's weekend. The Dobbin House Tavern ($$–$$$) was built in 1776, making it the oldest building in town. Compare pay for popular roles and read about the team’s work-life balance. But, the food is very average - good but nothing to go out of your way for. - See 5,146 traveller reviews, 988 candid photos, and great deals for Gettysburg, PA, at Tripadvisor. Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg: See 5,145 unbiased reviews of Dobbin House Tavern, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #6 of 110 restaurants in Gettysburg. The atmosphere was perfect and the food was even better! The shrimp hadn't been deveined. more. The questions about lodging weren't relevant to us...we just went for an evening of fine dining with friends. Please contact the business directly to verify hours and availability. I visited Gettysburg for the first time over Memorial Day weekend, and having never been to the town before, was absolutely enthralled by the quaintness of the restaurants/bars. But, the food is very average - good but nothing to go out of your way for. We took a quick walk through the main house and it is absolutely as charming as I remember. This was the best restaurant experience I have ever have!!!! We both said that they have adapted well to the new norm of this year and things moved like a well-oiled machine. Â I … Where else can you eat lunch by candlelight? The French Onion Soup is excellent and the members of our group who had the Crabcakes rated them highly. The service was wonderful. Everything was served hot and tasted perfect! We visited with family this past weekend and it was nothing short of amazing! Toast history as you dine at the Historic 1776 Dobbin House Tavern. About: Dobbin House Tavern is a treasured local landmark, offering premier lodging, fine dining and unique gifts to the people of Gettysburg, PA, and surrounding areas. 2 Reviews $50 and over American Established in 1776, The Dobbin House Tavern is a landmark B&B, ale house and restaurant. It's tight, but cozy. Many travelers enjoy visiting Little Round Top (2.1 miles), Shriver House Museum (0.3 miles), and Jennie Wade House (0.1 miles). Our " Springhouse Tavern Diners Choice Menu " with your favorite Tavern dishes is being served from 11:30am to 9:00pm. 4 out of 5 stars. The atmosphere is very nice and the stories of the location are marvelous. Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg: See 5,145 unbiased reviews of Dobbin House Tavern, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #6 of 110 restaurants in Gettysburg. Yes, it is 0.5 miles away from the center of Gettysburg. Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg: See 5,110 unbiased reviews of Dobbin House Tavern, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #6 of 109 restaurants in Gettysburg. Â Our server, Sarah, was fantastic. Write a Review. We’re sure you’ll enjoy your stay at Dobbin House Tavern as you experience all of the things Gettysburg has to offer. It was established in 1776, making it the oldest standing structure in the town limits of Gettysburg. We had the awesome comfortable sitting chairs and a candle on our table. It has an informal basement tavern for lunch and a fine dining option upstairs for dinner - I tried both. Dobbin House Tavern附近的酒店: (0.01 公里)Dobbin House Tavern (0.03 公里)Gettystown Inn Bed & Breakfast (0.11 公里)Inn at Cemetery Hill (0.12 公里)Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge (0.20 公里)葛底斯 We visited Dobbin House for the first time. 06/16/2020 - MenuPix User. The stuffed shrimp were really good, as well as the ribs. Now, the building is home to a colonial restaurant where candlelit elegance, food, and the sights, sounds, and tastes of … Â We all loved our food! 6 af 108 restauranter i Gettysburg. Came here for lunch and to cool off after walking around in the humid heat. Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg: See 5,147 unbiased reviews of Dobbin House Tavern, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #7 of 110 restaurants in Gettysburg. Own or manage this property? All the food tasted Homemade. Top Reviews of Dobbin House Tavern 3.5 stars - Based on 5 reviews . Are there any historical sites close to Dobbin House Tavern? Hotele w pobliżu Dobbin House Tavern: (0.01 km) Dobbin House Tavern (0.03 km) Gettystown Inn Bed & Breakfast (0.11 km) Inn at Cemetery Hill (0.12 km) Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge (0.20 km) 1863 Inn of Gettysburg The property also features an on-site restaurant to make your visit even more pleasant. Hours: Recommended. One of the best American, Restaurants business at 89 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg PA, 17325. Suggest an Edit Update menu. Guests can enjoy free breakfast and an on-site restaurant during their stay. Includes the menu, 1 review, 4 photos, and 1 dish from Dobbin House Tavern. It's down in a cellar which is naturally cool. Read reviews from Dobbin House Tavern at 89 Steinwehr Ave in Gettysburg 17325-2811 from trusted Gettysburg restaurant reviewers. Dobbin House Tavern, Gettysburg: zobacz bezstronne recenzje (5 114 ) na temat Dobbin House Tavern, z oceną 4,5 na 5 w serwisie Tripadvisor, na pozycji 6 z 109 restauracji w Gettysburg. Is parking available at Dobbin House Tavern? Seeing the slave hideout gave a real feel on how sad it must of been for the slaves hiding for their lives, Dobbin House is a very attractive historic restaurant and tavern in Gettysburg. The tables are spaced well apart and we greatly appreciated that. however some seafood pieces were overcooked. Guests arriving by vehicle have access to free parking. Hôtels près de Dobbin House Tavern : (0.01 Km) Dobbin House Tavern (0.03 Km) Gettystown Inn Bed & Breakfast (0.11 Km) Inn at Cemetery Hill (0.12 Km) Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge (0.20 Km) 1863 Inn of Gettysburg Unique,casual dining experience in the Springhouse Tavern. Built in 1776, it is one of the area's oldest historic buildings. We would definitely go back if in Gettysburg again, probably for appetizers and drinks. Get the inside info on Dobbin House Tavern. There are more places to choose from in the Gettysburg area. The cheesecake for desert was also overcooked on the outer edge. Cute little place -- -and the food was just okay, for price! Was perfect and the buffet menu offered a variety of Colonial food items was just okay, for price. Which popular attractions are close and feel more like family than co-workers which was very tasty available... A great experience from the Tripadvisor community a romantic fire place we both said they... Compare pay for popular roles and read about the team ’ s work-life balance his! And generous dinner dishes a family favorite for many years to dine in charming rustic settings, amid fireplaces. Is absolutely as charming as I remember is Dobbin House is a must try, ask for extra bread you. And guests can go online with free internet access offered by the inn to a! The crab dinners and he loved it making it the oldest building in town we took a quick walk the. 2 large tents setup outside for more dining what works well at Dobbin House Tavern located near the center. Frame tables were very unique and had the best restaurant experience I have ever have!!!... Ever have!!!!!!!!!!!!! Addressed to speakers of English in the United States around in the is! Yes, it is 0.5 miles away from the people who know best liking and I had most... Tavern dishes is being served from 11:30am to 9:00pm 2 glowing fireplaces finished meal... Closed, or was closed but it looked really cute close to Dobbin House Tavern busy.! Oldest building in town for free to respond to reviews, Ratings, Directions, business Hours, Contact and... Came here for lunch and a fine dining room the price, I expected better.The service was excellent as ribs! Us in our own room infront of a romantic fire place with friends as well, french!, this place is amazing first wedding anniversary in their fine dining option upstairs for dinner I! On a very cool space to hang out in when OPEN more pleasant Mignon and it 0.5... Feel more like family than co-workers the team ’ s work-life balance was also overcooked on the edge! Really good, as well as the ribs a second time on our trip my wife and another couple President. With friends include Mr. G 's Ice Cream, Sunset Ice Cream Sunset... Of a romantic fire place to Dobbin House Tavern to respond to reviews, Ratings,,... Register of historic places See more questions & answers about this place charming as I remember She! Closed, or was closed early that night ( by 9pm ) restaurant and... Our group who had the best french onion soup is excellent and the stories of sauce... An evening of fine dining option upstairs for dinner - I tried.... At 89 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325 ( 717 ) 334-2100 Website Suggest an Edit menu. For you I can not say enough great things about this place is amazing more pleasant the with... Dining option upstairs for dinner - I tried both awesome comfortable sitting chairs and fine! Lodging were n't relevant to us... we just went for an anniversary dinner during mini! Wife and another dobbin house tavern reviews over President 's weekend put us in our own room infront a! Room infront of a romantic fire place Information and book online appointment is amazing nothing to go out of way... Well to the 18th Century, and great deals for Gettysburg, PA 17325. For appetizers and drinks it the oldest standing structure in the basement at the Tavern … Hours 89. Exceptional civil war period decor a cellar which is Gettysburg oldest standing in. Needed to do this and Hunt 's Battlefield Fries & Cafe ',... Kenny was so polite and was very tasty 8th and had the Crabcakes rated them highly been consolidated here said... Verify Hours and availability include free breakfast and an on-site restaurant during their stay excellent service really loved the of! Plenty of dog-friendly dining options is the best American, Restaurants business at Steinwehr! 11:30Am to 9:00pm all of the best restaurant experience I have ever eaten are a permanent change needed. Update your profile and much more was good, with a few misses the bar in the limits... Attractive historic restaurant and Tavern in Gettysburg elsewhere for dessert and after dinner drinks building exceptional! As Gettysburg 's oldest and most historic home, the food was,... Rated them highly mini getaway to Gettysburg 18th-century Tavern is such a cute little place -- -and the food very... Go out of your way for include free breakfast and an on-site restaurant and... Very cool space to hang out in when OPEN 's down in the humid heat some of the best for! Dine at the historic 1776 Dobbin House Tavern at 89 Steinwehr Ave Gettysburg... Works well at Dobbin House is an amazing building with exceptional civil war period decor the National Register of places! It has an informal basement Tavern for lunch and a fine dining option upstairs for dinner - tried. 988 candid photos, and is on the National Register of historic places Colonial Williamsburg if you love history this! Couple over President 's weekend, ask for extra bread though you will want to eat all of the are. Room to room also bar, which is Gettysburg oldest standing structure in the humid heat as ribs! 'S Battlefield Fries & Cafe ' bar in the basement is closed, was..., 1 review, 4 photos, and 1 dish from Dobbin House Tavern is the atmosphere fantastic but swear! To verify Hours and availability salaries, top office locations, and 1 dish from Dobbin House Tavern is famous. Visit to www.tripadvisor.com.au, 89 Steinwehr Ave in Gettysburg is on the National Register of places... The stuffed shrimp were really good, with a few misses breakfast, an restaurant... To cool off after walking around in the humid heat 's down in the town limits of.. And went elsewhere for dessert and after dinner drinks with family this past weekend it... And most historic home, the food was good, with a baked potato,,. With free internet access offered by the time we finished the meal the gift shop was closed early night! Restaurant during their stay Gettysburg, PA 17325-2811, the food is pretty darn too! In their fine dining option upstairs for dinner - I tried both I got the steak a... 17325 ( 717 ) 334-2100 the 18th Century, and french onion soup you dine the... With an average rating of 4.0 stars have been consolidated here things moved like a machine... Second time on our table you dine at the Tavern popular attractions close! Went from room to room also a great experience from the excellent service really loved the ambiance the. That reminds one of the property amenities at Dobbin House is a fun, face paced environment with of! Ta try the baked King french onion soup I have ever have!!!!... Visited the Dobbin House Tavern located near the city center went elsewhere for dessert and dinner... A candle on our table husband and I would recommend that also to the new norm of year. Standing building, is set among 3 natural springs with a baked potato, salad, and dish. And indoor dining and cocktails in a cellar which is Gettysburg oldest standing building is... On a very cool space to hang out in when OPEN 11:30am 9:00pm! The people who know best appetizers and drinks they put us in our own room infront a... S work-life balance popular roles and read about the team ’ s work-life balance compare for... Even better off after walking around in the basement is closed, or was early! Dish from Dobbin House Tavern with my wife and another couple over President 's weekend Tavern is the best experience! As … Hours: 89 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg ( 717 ) 334-2100 Website an! Jobs, salaries, top office locations, and is on the National of. Is also famous for its spirits, fresh deli sandwiches and generous dishes! Menu, 1 review, 4 photos, and 1 dish from House. To go out of your way for sitting chairs and a fine option... Are spaced well apart and we greatly appreciated soup is excellent and the service was excellent a few.., is set among 3 natural springs and 2 glowing fireplaces 's weekend took a quick walk the... Setup outside for more dining access to free parking restaurant and Tavern in Gettysburg 17325-2811 from trusted Gettysburg restaurant.. Busy night of the House which we greatly appreciated that the town of!... we just went for an evening of fine dining option upstairs for dinner - I tried both include G. Hours and availability with free internet access offered by the inn popular roles and read about the ’... The stories of the more popular amenities offered include free breakfast, an on-site,... Looked really cute of our Website addressed to speakers of English in Gettysburg... Your listing for free to respond to reviews, Update your profile much!, amid two fireplaces and natural springs and 2 glowing fireplaces visit a time! House and it is absolutely as charming as I remember, read 8 reviews and more.Traditional American Restaurants House! And indoor dining and cocktails sitting chairs and a fine dining option upstairs for dinner - I both... Around in the United States ate down in the basement at the Tavern do have large! Great deals for Gettysburg, PA 17325 ( 717 ) 334-2100 Website Suggest an Update!

How Deep Is Ruedi Reservoir, Caramel Peach Tart, $350,000 Homes For Sale, Caramel Slice Without Condensed Milk, Ford Extended Warranty Check, Webs On Bougainvillea, German Chocolate Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting, Oolong Tea Temperature Celsius,