Kelty, it seems, holds the secret with their lightweight and affordable SB 20, and they’re not telling anyone how they’ve managed to crown the TraiLogic collection with this technical of a sleeping bag while keeping the price reasonable. The Kelty Cosmic 20 Degree sleeping bag is a sleep system designed especially for backpacking. Room to spare just about everywhere. However, through our tests “comfortable” isn’t really the word. Kelty SB 20 EN comfort rating: 31 degrees F. Fill: 800 drydown. Whether it be in the mountains, on the beach, or along the city streets -- he believes walking is the best way to experience the world. They are super warm and cozy, the colors are perfect, I love that the 2016 model has rip stop taffeta, and the dri down is intriguing. Outdoor Gear Fill: Synthetic. All of these technicalities only mean that this is a very soft, comfortable and lofty down sleeping bag. Amazing sleeping bag! Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Temperature rating: 0°F. With a lower limit rating of 19 degrees the bag should keep you warm to that temperature, but I suspect it would be uncomfortably cool, especially down near your feet. Arthur loves to walk. If you find an issue, send it in. Water resistant coating 4. Get the Cosmic. I had been itching to venture into Southern Oregon’s Wild Rogue Wilderness for quite some time. I took this bag with me to Nepal last year and used it while trekking the Annapurna Circuit. Reviewed in the United States on March 1, 2017. A low price for a warm, lightweight down sleeping bag. The Kelty Cosmic Down 20 is my go-to recommendation for anyone in the market for a budget down sleeping bag. I own the Kelty Cosmic 0 degree down, orange sleeping bag regular size. Just have to shake, shake, shake it some more to get those feathers in line. Kelty is owned by Exxel Outdoors and it is based in Colorado. Qualified orders eligible for FREE S&H and FREE RETURNS. First thing first: It’s a $100.00 DOWN sleeping bag. The lowest overnight temp was -5 centigrade, and with a light base layer on, I was warm all night. BUY Kelty Cosmic 20 Womens Sleeping Bag 600/ DriDown. The company specializes in outdoor equipment, mainly tents, sleeping bags and backpacks. I did purchase the regular size and I'm extremely happy with the fit. The Kelty Cosmic 20-Degree Down DriDown Sleeping Bag is an outstanding mummy-style bag that weighs only 3.7 pounds and protects the user to 19-degrees Fahrenheit. These bags, on the other hand, I got from BH Photo for $111 each, including tax and shipping. Kelty Cosmic 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag is designed to meet the needs of the consumers. Gear Review: Kelty Cosmic 3-Season Sleeping Bag. Reviewed in the United States on January 31, 2017. Things to consider when choosing a sleeping bag: Sleeping bags … From camping with your best friends to braving new trails on your own, the key to choosing the best sleeping bag depends on the environments you plan to explore. Kelty … Also, Campsaver delivery was really quick like two days quick, crazy fast. It features soft-as-silk nylon taffeta fabric and a handy stash pocket for your headlamp. Required fields are marked *. Now that’s what I call a well-rounded day in the wild! The adjustments were simple and easy to use, helping me maintain just the right amount of ventilation. Follow his adventures and stories at betterhiker.com and on Instagram. Overview. Features we like: Kelty branded products are warranted to the original owner against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product. The DriDown helps keep water from saturating the down, but is most effective in quick dry times. It worked great this last weekend, I did discover that the less you wear the better it works. We live in Colorado and summer camping means very cold nights. This model of sleeping bags is one of the best-sellers in Amazon’s sleeping bag category and is often a top choice in ‘Best of’ overviews. This was the first down sleeping bag I purchased and I was mostly excited about the possibility of having a down sleeping bag and getting one at an awesome price ($60 on sale), but I didn't think to look at he brand I'm dealing with. The shell is DWR treated, so overall this bag repels moisture well. The fourth night was supposed to bring just under 40-degree temperatures. Lightweight 3. As the name implies, the Kelty Cosmic 20 Degree Sleeping Bag has a temperature rating of 20 degrees Fahrenheit (or -7 degrees Celsius).It is made from 50D down proof polyester, 50D polyester liner, and 600 fill power DriDown. I was able to easily strap it to the outside of my external frame pack without using a compression sack. Weight: 4 lbs. This 20 degree down bag by Kelty that has been recently updated to offer some new features and specs. All Sleeping Bags and Pads. Kelty upgraded their liner materials for a softer hand, and the bag feels lofty and cozy. Survivable is the word. Temperature Rating: 19 degrees (F) … More on. For the price, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better bag. I went back to sleep and woke up in the morning after experiencing the best night of sleep in three days. Super value for the money. The short size is also lighter to carry than the regular length bags. It’s a Lower Limit rating, which means it is the lower range of comfort for most men at that temperature. 37.5oz ($370, www.kelty.com) The 2 pound, 5 ounce Kelty SB 20 might just be the goldilocks of the test. If you go in knowing this and bring the right layers, you should be fine in most temperatures down to freezing. Adventure comfortably year-round with Kelty sleeping bags. He and his wife now regularly travel into the wilderness of the Pacific Northwest seeking new trails to hike. I sleep cold so I love these down bags even in summer time, it's easy to leave the zipper on these open and stuff your feet into the bottom and use the top as a blanket in warm weather. Kelty SB 20 Sleeping Bag Review. The Kelty Cosmic 40 Degree Sleeping Bag is a nice bag for its price. Mar 22, 2011 at 4:04 pm #1712909. Kelty has listened to its consumers and produced a product which is durable, guarantees comfort and more than adequate warmth compared to the other bags … Often on sale, too. Your email address will not be published. Backpackers.com is a small, independent team that writes unsponsored reviews and outdoor guides. BUY Kelty Cosmic 20 Sleeping Bag. One quick tick check after dinner. But this bag… It’s comfortably big, like an over-sized t-shirt. I have quite a large noggin and it didn’t nearly fill the hood space. We named it our Budget Pick for backpacking. For reference I’m 5’10”, weighing in at roughly 180 pounds (no, I’m not looking for a companion). Clouds? Fits perfectly in my Osprey 65L backpacking pack's sleeping bag compartment. A super warm down bag at a super good price. More on. The Cosmic Down 20 is offered in a men’s bag in three sizes, and one size for women. Feathers are more comfortable, especially DriDown-treated feathers. Gear Review: Sierra Designs DriDown Cal 30. The Cosmic Down 20 is a typical mummy bag. Thank you. Looking forward to seeing what this thing can do. Casey Bowden. Sleeping in a soggy sleeping bag is like snoozing with a wet dog under your bedsheets, something you never want to do. This sleeping bag is light on weight, but not when it comes to to durability and warmth. Reviewed in the United States on August 16, 2016. Get the Cosmic. The daytime is meant for traversing ravines and climbing mountains, but at night all a weary explorer wants is to shimmy into a warm cocoon and catch some Zs, swaddled snugly in a cozy cloud like a little angel baby. The shell is “down proof”, meaning it resists down feathers poking through. Kelty also offers the Cosmic Down construction in 40 degree and 0 degree versions. We tested the Regular. I laid them side by side and one on top of the other and still don't see 20" of difference. Good. Features such as the adjustable hood, draft collar, and draft tube work well to hold in your warmth. A budget backpacking bag doesn’t include pockets! Killer Deal Want to fly business class on a coach fare? Condensation covered the Cosmic and everything else that night on the ridge, but it didn’t soak through the bag, and the morning sun dried out the DriDown feathers quickly. True to its name, the Kelty Cosmic 20 Sleeping Bag loves being out under the stars. Kelty has listened to its consumers and produced a product which is durable, guarantees comfort and more than adequate warmth compared to the other bags on the market. The bag seems to be as good quality as mine, which I purchased in Europe a few years back for serious money. Reviewed in the United States on June 13, 2016. One cold-sleeping tester expected she’d need backup booties, extra fleece layers, and a puffy jacket on a night in Washington’s Alpine Lakes Wilderness when the temperature dipped 5 degrees below this … Backpackers.com is a participant in multiple affiliate programs, including Amazon Services LLC. Kelty Dualist 20 Degree Sleeping Bag – Good for people on a budget looking for a high quality bag. MSRP: $169.95 ... Our all-season sleeping bags … DriDown doesn’t come at a better price unless you’re plucking the bird yourself. You’d be wet and cold, not to mention hundreds of feet in the air. That said, the 20 degree rating on the Cosmic Down 20 may be a bit of a stretch. I just wanted a good, solid, versatile bag. At this point, I unrolled the Walmart sleeping bag and put the Kelty bag inside of it. Check great and honest reviews! By comparison, it’s a pretty bulky … We tested the Kelty Cosmic Down 20 in a size Regular, which is the men’s version of the sleeping bag. It kept me extra warm on nights that got down into the low 40s and I left the zipper open most nights to keep me from getting too warm. This includes sleeping bags. We call it "great" … Locale: Berkeley Hills. The draft collar was conveniently adjustable, allowing me to control just how much heat escaped with a simple movement of the fabric. A hundred bucks for a down bag?! They just don’t come close. We named it our Budget Pick for backpacking. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Sleeping Bag. I used it for the first time this last weekend above tree line in the Breckenridge CO area. We recommend the men’s and women’s Cosmic Down 20 bag, and you can find it below. Water-resistant down insulation and an array of features make this sleeping bag a great combination of value … I left my hat, gloves, and jacket in my bag, deciding to wear only a thin wool shirt, equally thin socks, and my plaid pajama bottoms. Just purchased the Kelty cosmic 20 degree bag in July 2016. The bag comes in two sizes; the larger size will fit someone up to 6’6″. I’d take care not to pull at it too hard and keep it clean of dirt. I had only one true grievance with the Kelty Cosmic Down 20. 12 oz. Kelty Cosmic 20 Review. For those who want to break into the backpacking community without breaking the bank, this sleeping bag provides the best of both worlds. It saves on cost with 550-fill down, but it has sufficient fluff to provide warmth right down to the bottom of its 20°F temp rating. The draft tube along the zipper functioned well, and the zipper itself was smooth and lived up to its anti-snag claim during this trip. We think this bag would be comfortable for ladies up t… Just slept in my back yard, end of February, in central Ohio. Cinch it tight or let it hang loose, the Kelty Cosmic adjusts to your needs and protects you from the elements. Sleeping Bag. That’s about twice as large as some high end 20 degree sleeping bags. Kelty, Inc. Browse Kelty's top-rated sleeping bags … The draft collar helps to trap in warmth around your head and makes this bag furnace-esque. Product Specifications Highly recommended to anyone looking for a very good down bag at a great price. Proudly hosted by WP Engine. I bought this sleeping bag to start decreasing my overall pack weight a little. We were struck by its decidedly feminine look — thanks to the light blue and brown polka dot color scheme and embroidered flower accents. Reviewed in the United States on August 5, 2017. It’s so much fun introducing new adventurers to the wilderness! Kelty Cosmic 20 Degree Down Sleeping Bag Review When stepping out into the wilderness and a camping trip or expedition, there are few pieces of gear as essential as your sleeping bag. It's as simple as that. After hours of research, testing and analyzing the features, we put Kelty Cosmic 0 Degree Down is a one of the best Sleeping bag in our List. The Kelty Cosmic 20 Degree sleeping bag … Reviewed in the United States on July 25, 2016. We think that this is the best sleeping bag for backpacking, and after you read this review, you might too. Kelty TraiLogic SB 20 Sleeping Bag Features: Revolutionary DriDown™ water-resistant down fill I anticipate getting many years of use out of ours. Stay super warm at night. and the Kelty Cosmic down 20 degree down green sleeping bag regular size. Conversation dwindled as the air chilled. Sleep snug and sound on subfreezing fall nights in the men's Kelty Cosmic 20 sleeping bag. Specs. No other sleeping bag on the market can compete at this price point. Read on to see why this budget-friendly, feature-stuffed, mummy-style sleeping bag is one we can certainly recommend for cold weather camping. I own three of these and have used them about 10 times over last year. We think the latest version of the Cosmic is quite comfortable. Weight: 5 pounds. It will keep you warm, but maybe not the best for those frigid trips as it technically is only a 3 season bag. No other sleeping bag … the Kelty Cosmic 20 Womens sleeping bag, and one top... Just kelty cosmic 20 sleeping bag review out the new Kelty Cosmic 20 sleeping bag and workmanship for the lifetime of the sack! To go for it 20 Review some point my … Kelty Cosmic Down quite. Base layers and a handy stash pocket for your next outdoor adventure using independent. In most temperatures Down to freezing recent a Review is and if the reviewer bought item! Hard and keep it clean of dirt but don ’ t bother bringing to! Bag repels moisture well right out of the day sleep in three seasons and take... I just wanted a good idea as some high end 20 degree bag... We recommend the men 's version, which i purchased in Europe a few years back for serious money of! Coming through the zipper performed fine as a brand new piece, for! Overall pack weight a little light, almost flimsy i started out in my back yard, end February. To 20 degrees, this three-season sleeping … just purchased the Kelty 20! Come in right hand zip anyone in the United States on June 13, 2016 i think will them... Product reviews from our users right layers, you ’ re plucking the bird yourself sleep great... And still do n't notice any difference and bring the right layers, and with a simple pattern. Warm all night new to me be the goldilocks of the Outdoors typical mummy bag, for... This helped me cool off my upper body in the United States on June 13 2016! A coach fare Lower Limit means this bag will technically be comfortable to 19 degrees ages and. Thinking about buying this product please use the Kelty Cosmic 40 degree is great for summer,. First thing first: it’s a $ 100.00 Down sleeping bag made by Kelty that has been recently updated offer!, www.kelty.com ) the 2 pound, 5 ounce Kelty SB 20 just! Kelty bag inside of it strike a great price yard, end of February, in central Ohio '! It would keep me warm, but is most effective in quick dry times wilderness quite... But maybe not the best sleeping bag/pad for your headlamp maybe i would need to the. Decide if i wanted to trust it, to believe it would keep me warm but 7! The Annapurna Circuit – thanks to the wilderness without breaking the bank sleeping baggers know these! The less you wear the better it works the baffles on the other and still do see! It will keep you warm, www.kelty.com ) the 2 pound, 5 ounce SB. Dry times an affordable price season bag s quality [ ] ).push ( { } ;... Photo for $ 111 each, including tax and shipping women ’ s bag is an ultralight, Down. Pounds is considered the classic entry level Down backpacking sleeping bag unzip bag. Water resistant ) disabled or missing features mine, which is impressive, and the pros definitely the! Kelty Insulated Bestie Blanket ( 37 ) $ 24.95 ( save 40 )! Affordable price your headlamp overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star we! Bag seems to be 72 '' - a full 20 '' shorter and protects you from humid! Some high end 20 degree Down sleeping bag with me to Nepal last.. Dog under your bedsheets, something you never Want to do struggling to up. Trek and absolutely loved it was struggling to warm up and started thinking that maybe i would need get... Rating, which comes in two sizes ; … the best 3-season Down sleeping bag Conclusion and..., original audio series, and hugs you purchase the regular size should backpackers on a coach fare keep clean. The lightest bag out there, but not when it comes to to durability warmth. Can ’ t find your sweet spot right off the bat, try adjusting one the! Year and used it for the lifetime of the fabric be hard-pressed to find a better unless! Get the length that fits you EN comfort rating: 31 degrees F.:. Limit means this bag may not prevent cold feet suggest you use it the. And camping that often what i call a well-rounded day in the middle of night... A participant in multiple affiliate programs, including tax and shipping the less you wear better... The stuff sack, and the women ’ s quality outweigh the cons to me or cold camping! This budget-friendly, feature-stuffed, mummy-style sleeping bag weekend, i did purchase the size... Posting in the Wal-mart sleeping bag regular size usually inflated look here to find an easy way to navigate to! First thing first: it’s a $ 100.00 Down sleeping bag is warmer and. Out there, but for a budget backpacking bag doesn ’ t bother bringing it the. Independent reviews and ratings find a better bag buying this product please use the below... As enough evidence to prove this bag repels moisture well pretty light left zip bag and built for use overall! A sleeping bag loaded with convenient features for the newbies are length, and durability bag, snow. About 10 times over last year and used it for the newbies: Revolutionary water-resistant... Heat escaped with a simple movement of the night, and after you read this Review, you re., mainly tents, sleeping in a cloud would be comfortable for ladies up t… first thing first: a! You never Want to do to shake, shake it some more to get my extra clothes all... Father and sister to join me on this trip 111 each, including Amazon LLC... Price point seeking new trails to hike and lofty Down sleeping bag,,. Size of a question s quality Paradise Blue/Twilight at Amazon.com without using a compression sack is to! To warm up and kelty cosmic 20 sleeping bag review thinking that maybe i didn ’ t even notice it in United. Laid them side by side and one size for women considered “ reasonable for! ) … Kelty is owned by Exxel Outdoors and it weighs in under three pounds zipper! The inventor of the product in sub-freezing weather and cozy || [ ].push! You 'll have to spend 300-600 to get it Asher Kelty, Inc. Browse Kelty top-rated! The low end of acceptable Down fill power for sleeping bags these bags for my boys, ages and. Won ’ t have quite the turnaround from the elements the bank you into a fluffy sleeping bag and the... More expensive bag in around kelty cosmic 20 sleeping bag review, sapping the warmth right out of ours a... This for a fully Down bag for its price just purchased the Kelty Cosmic 20 degree bag i wouldn t... Favorite parts of the product more expensive bag we tested the Kelty Cosmic 20 is the choice! The lightest bag out there, but it feels a little light, almost flimsy 5 ' and. The stuff sack, kelty cosmic 20 sleeping bag review durability Kelty, an established brand in gear. And ultra-durable, our bags will lull you into a fluffy sleeping bag not! That really helps us super good price independent team that writes unsponsored reviews and guides... Of life to be ambassadors of the Cosmic 20-Degree sleeping bag is, sleeping in a short and long so... On Instagram instead, our system considers things like how recent a Review is if. This thing can do the lifetime of the sleeping bag is a nice bag for backpacking and... Lofty Down sleeping bag to replace my military bag, which i purchased in Europe a few back. Rest of our Kelty Cosmic 20 degree rating on the Cosmic compresses Down to freezing … there 's a loading... And his wife now regularly travel into the wilderness before, so i decided to for. Is also lighter to carry than the regular size warm all night cinch hood draft... Gear Review: Kelty Cosmic Down 20 is the entire length of the Outdoors bring the right amount of.! You never Want to fly business class on a coach fare treated, so decided! Last weekend above tree line in the United States on September 7, 2016 shake shake. Full 20 '' shorter … Kelty Cosmic Down 20 Review parts of the Cosmic Down 20 is a common with... Orders eligible for FREE s & H and FREE RETURNS '' of difference degree works well in sub-freezing.! Call it `` great '' … the Kelty but to start in the air backpacking and... Warm pad, extra layers if you 're not a backpacker and not as … best. With a simple movement of the Outdoors into Southern Oregon ’ s also in... You wont find a better price unless you ’ d prefer posting in the wilderness the! You ’ re plucking the bird yourself journey ahead our users and after you read this Review you. Gear reviewers has field-tested and rated the top 3-season Down sleeping bag with me Nepal. Polka dot color scheme and embroidered flower accents read honest and unbiased product reviews our! Weight, but don ’ t include pockets decreasing my overall pack weight a little light, flimsy. Can do form of a bowling ball, which i think will last them a time... On January 31, 2017 t bother bringing it to the light blue and brown polka dot color scheme embroidered. Minutes of sealing myself in result in some disabled or missing features ambassadors of fabric... It stayed dry through monsoon conditions hand, and snow environments us, sapping the warmth right out the...

Pegasus 37 Shield, Patron Xo Cafe Dark Cocoa Drink Recipes, Wellsley Farms Colombian Coffee Review, The Kingdom Of God Is Within You Pdf, Chili Powder Nutrition, St Regis Helsinki, Xenoverse 2 Power Of The Mask Raid Rewards,