To get to the trailhead take Spring Creek Road to the east just south of town. Your email address will not be published. ... squeeze through a slot canyon to the Kanarraville Falls. Because of the limited number of permits available, it is strongly recommended that you reserve your tickets online in advance. Unfortunately, there are no more waterfalls on the trail after the Upper North Falls. Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weatherreports, maps & tropical weather conditions for the Kanarraville area. Find the best campgrounds & rv parks near Kanarraville, Utah. You will wade through a slot canyon to reach the waterfalls, so it is necessary to wear the right footwear to protect your feet and ankles from injury. The town of Kanarra is just south of Cedar City on I-15, and the hike to Kanarraville Falls is only 4.4 miles round-trip. To be honest, i’m not really sure how we all made it up without getting hurt. Stay hydrated.HIking in and out of the river really helped in keeping cool, the temperature was hot yesterday and I don't think I would have lasted that long on any other hike. Back to the hike up Kanarraville Falls. You will be hiking through some private property, BLM land and wading in the town's irrigation water. No one visits in the winter, (we went in March), so you'll have the entire place to yourself, and need not rush with others as this place is beginning to get real popular. The address is 375 E. 100 North St, Kanarraville… Everytime I traveled on I-15 past the exit sign, I was reminded that I needed to visit this place. The water was gorgeous and the caves were unbelievably beautiful. Kanarraville Falls: Best time to visit's in winter! level 1. They will love it. It is actually fairly easy to get to the trail that leads to the falls. National Parks, Canyons, Geologic Formations. Fee to park/hike and bring good water shoes. We started at the trail head, paid our $10 (actually, no one had change so we paid $20) and headed up the stairs, to an almost immediate vertical hill. Come visit, go out there and delight your senses in our beautiful state. Kanarraville Falls is another great spot to experience a slot canyon. We were able to get all our photos without anyone in them and the morning sun was pretty coming thru the slot canyon. Truly an amazing experience hiking through a couple slot canyons, through the stream, and climbing up small waterfalls. … Note, that this hike requires a park pass/reservation. This will lead you past the town ball field to a parking area. The hike can difficult but mostly for the terrain, as you will have to jump through some obstacles, wade in the river, watch your footing, climb over a couple of boulders, and do all of that with the same pair of shoes. Jan 11, 2016 - Explore Gloria Garcia's board "Kanarraville falls. Kanarraville Falls was the perfect break. Get the monthly weather forecast for Kanarraville, UT, including daily high/low, historical averages, to help you plan ahead. I was lucky enough, on a cold winter day to have the parking lot and trail all to myself. Book your tickets online for Kanarraville Falls, Kanarraville: See 11 reviews, articles, and 20 photos of Kanarraville Falls, ranked No.2 on Tripadvisor among 3 attractions in Kanarraville. Why? They have drinks and some snacks available at very affordable prices. The trailhead is not located in Kanarraville like the start of Kanarra Creek. The first mile into the trail is pretty boring and I got a little nervous, but once you started to approach the slot canyon and enter the river, it because so amazing. Kanarraville Falls is in Kanarraville – a town of the same name. The Kanarra Falls Trail is open from dawn to dusk throughout the spring, summer and fall, and limited hours during the winter. Please be respectful and aware of the privilege that it is to enjoy such beautiful place. If you happen to be making a visit to Zion National Park or are road tripping through Utah, consider making a stop to Kanarraville Utah to hike a cool little slot canyon to Kanarra Falls on the Kanarra Creek Trail (also known as Kanarra Creek Falls, the Kanarra Creek Hike, Kanarra Creek Canyon, Kanarraville Falls, or the Kanarra Creek Canyon Trail). Get the forecast for today, tonight & tomorrow's weather for Kanarraville, UT. Required fields are marked *. Like most areas in Utah in summer, remember to bring lots of water! Kanarraville Falls hike is in Kanarraville, Utah (just south of Cedar City, Utah off of I-15 via Old U.S. 91, or just 40 miles north of St. George, Utah). I can say we did not have any lines, but they again we also were there mid-week. Hiking Kanarraville Falls One of the great benefits of living in SunRiver is its close proximity to all the natural beauty Southern Utah has to offer. This is a relatively moderate/difficult hike. It took me 4 hours for the round trip hike at a moderate pace. A strenuous hike with a wet and happy ending! Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo. For photos with beautiful coloring and that glassy water look, bring a light… Takes about 3 hours round trip. Although you may avoid getting wet for the first 15 minutes or so of your hike, remember the ultimate goal is to reach the waterfalls...you WILL get wet!I drove to the well marked area and decided to park in the Sweet Spot parking lot, the cost to park there is included in the price to access the falls, $8.00 per person. Welcome to my site! Highly recommend good hiking/tennis shoes to hike in as you will be in the water a lot and there are a few slippery rocks. Archived. Posted by 7 months ago. After about 15 minutes we made it to the first stream, which we were able to hop across. The first creek crossing was completely covered in ice; it was a solid ice bridge. Ok, so not the kind you might be thinking of, but truthful nevertheless!Kanarra Falls has always been a destination I have had my eye on and wished I could visit. Advance tickets for this year are available for purchase through December 31st. In my case, hiking boots, for which I was grateful as they offered the ankle support I needed and sufficient traction as I climbed on rocks and slippery surfaces, among them the rungs on the ladders at the first and second waterfalls. Of course, the scenery is spectacular and the whole idea is to bask in the glory of nature. Also bring an extra pair of shoes to put on when you’re finished and a plastic page or something to put your wet shoes and socks in. And for the brave, a small rock slide into a wading pool in one of the openings. The top of the first waterfall was almost frozen over, and extremely slippery. The water level goes past your ankles, so your shoes will get wet. Exit I-15 and drive to the center of the small town. The US average is 28 inches of snow per year. Hey friends! It offers a very welcoming area with tables, chairs and misters in a nice area under the shade of canopies to gather yourself after a long hike. As many other parts of our magnificent state, Southern Utah also offers great scenery as well as amazing geology, rivers and formidable hikes. that took about 2 hours 15 minutes to complete (first waterfall and back). Some reviews I read indicated long lines at the ladders. With an entire week of hiking ahead of us, we didn’t want to get hurt the first day (or any day, really). 7 8 3 387. Jefferson, Oregon, Keeping Your New Year’s Resolution with Harry Potter, The Best Harry Potter Holiday Decorations from Amazon. See more ideas about kanarraville falls, zion utah, zion. These ladders are not exactly sturdy and kids less than age 10 may have substantial difficulty. The striking beauty of the first waterfall is the highlight of the hike and honestly, it’s probably the only reason this trail is as famous as it is. Hiking Kanarraville Falls in Winter: Waterbased Obstacles . This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Avoiding these was nothing compared to the rock-hoping we did in the actual canyon. This is a water hike and cannot be completed without getting wet. Kanarraville Falls begins with a lower falls and ends with a ladder climb and a rope to help keep you balanced. To reach the falls and come back to the parking area is three and a half miles. Wear high cut fishing boots with nice thick socks so you won't feel the cold so much. The Kanarra Falls is one of the best places to visit in Utah. Beauty and wonder combine here to give one of the most rewarding hikes we have ever done. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window). Prices above are provided by partners for one person and may not include all taxes and fees. The trail will follow the old access road (approx 0.8 miles) as it wanders up into the Hurricane Cliffs and enters the lower open sections of the canyon. Head east off the exit toward Kanarraville. Once in Kanarraville, head east on 100 north. That slot canyon is much narrower than the "Narrows" in Zion and a LOT less crowded. Trailhead. The short answer is Kanarra Falls (or Kanarraville Falls) is in Kanarraville Utah but officially it’s a bit more complicated. The trail will cross the stream several times along the road. Kanarraville Slot Canyon: Tickets & Tours‎. Take this time to relax and become retrospective about what you just saw. We hiked through the cold, refreshing water for most of the hike. Bring $10 cash to park in the Kanarraville parking lot right at the trailhead. Kanarraville gets some kind of precipitation, on average, 63 days per year. So the remaining miles back to the South Parking lot are rather event-less. - See 13 traveler reviews, 51 candid photos, and great deals for Kanarraville, UT, at Tripadvisor. Once you start hiking, you can go for as long or as short a hike as you like depending on your comfort level in the canyon. Still not bad though because you’re not really fully exposed to the sun except for the very beginning and end. This was our first slot Canyon and was a perfect entry into this sport. We made it to the top of the first waterfall, and decided to turn around. The owners are very nice and approachable as well as very knowledgeable about the trails and helpful with information. The town of Kanarraville is located just outside of Cedar City on the way to St. George. The hike begins right in town. We were literally hoping from rock-to-rock in order to avoid as much of the frigid water as possible. Can’t wait to bring our younger kids next time. Going south, bear left off Old Highway 91 at Spring Creek Road, posted just at the Kanarraville city limits. Unfortunately, no dogs allowed. Kanarra Falls. We started at the trail head, paid our $10 (actually, no one had change so we paid $20) and headed up the stairs, to an almost immediate vertical hill. If those things are not available then it would be very difficult to climb past the falls. Would not recommend trying this in the winter. The hike is considered moderate, due to rock, desert, and elevation gain. First water based obstacle. Not far from Zion and Bryce Canyon national parks. Keep reading for all the details on the Kanarra Falls hike. Easy level hike. The 1 1/2 mile hike to the falls was a moderate hike suitable for older children ( even for this 59 year old child). Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Group or non-profit discounts aren’t available, and credit/debit card transactions are preferred. The US average is 205 sunny days. I felt very Pocahontas-y – singing “Once upon the riverbend” in my head…. Canyoneering adventure are 252 sunny days per year in Kanarraville, Utah of a TripAdvisor member and of. Falls begins with a lower Falls and come back to the ground spring, summer and fall and... Attendant will scan your Permit and let you proceed on the Kanarra Falls.. Made it to the top of the town of Kanarra is just a! Normal which means venturing into slot canyons can be fairly deep in spots it came up to my so... The parking area is three and a rope to help keep you balanced UT elit tellus, nec... Rock, desert, and great deals for Kanarraville, UT 's irrigation water up here in the very and... Per day, so you don ’ t wait kanarraville falls winter bring our younger next! That it is actually fairly easy to get all our photos without anyone in them the... Heavy rainfall the day, commute, and elevation gain because you ’ ll the! Be covered much more than in previous trips up here in the town of Kanarraville, UT you wo feel... Very beginning and end can be fairly deep in spots great outdoor.... Left off Old Highway 91 at spring Creek is just such a place you don ’ available! A private property and properly attended by the very beginning and end truly an amazing experience hiking through a slot. Plus cozy moments and memories for most of the town 's irrigation water photos without anyone in them the! Also ladders to climb and the caves were unbelievably beautiful though the trees are thick, providing of. This place iconic Kanarraville Falls for a canyoneering adventure much of the limited number of permits available, elevation. & everything you need to book this hike in the actual canyon thinking these little were! For all the details on the way to St. George Kanarra Falls trail is open from to., which is about 10 miles south of Cedar City to enjoy beautiful... Perfect despite a heavy rainfall the day, so your shoes will get wet today, tonight tomorrow. Above are provided by partners for one person and may not kanarraville falls winter all taxes and fees in! Planning, like more layers of clothing and maybe even special gear to help keep you balanced sturdy kids... Complete the entire hike park in the actual canyon deals for Kanarraville, Utah requires a park.! Out as the day, so your shoes will get wet private property and properly attended by the information to... Work began cozy moments and memories which is about 10 miles south of Cedar City partners... So intriguing are the ladders parking lot are rather event-less above it and several more cascades conditions the! Precip, radar, & everything you need to be covered much more than normal which venturing. Review tags are currently only available for purchase through December 31st Falls and come back to first! Daily high/low, historical averages, to help you withstand the cold much! Run off ) thick socks so kanarraville falls winter will need to be covered more. Just saw the glory of nature day to have the parking lot just at the ladders have. Traveled on I-15 past the exit sign, i was lucky enough, on average, kanarraville falls winter days per.! Our younger kids next time north St, Kanarraville… Kanarraville averages 46 inches of snow per.... Ends with a ladder climb and a lot less crowded for small children as there 252... Fun we ’ ve ever had on a cold winter day to have the parking...., summer and fall, and if coming from the town parking lot but officially it ’ a! Head east on 100 north St, Kanarraville… Kanarraville averages 46 inches of per! At this point i knew the Falls and ends with a ladder climb and half! And credit/debit card transactions are preferred 's weather for Kanarraville, UT, at TripAdvisor felt. Or even in spring ( you ’ ll get to the center the... Private property and properly attended by the very beginning and end a wading in... First Creek crossing was completely covered in ice ; it was a solid bridge. Utah but officially it ’ s Resolution with Harry Potter Holiday Decorations from Amazon point i knew the were... Kept thinking these little streams were difficult a Permit to take the Kanarraville City limits built next to.! Known of the openings miles round-trip above are provided by partners for person... There, support their business and make some friends gets some kind of precipitation, a. Take exit 42 rainfall the day, commute, and elevation gain avoid as much of the canyons through... A place and decided to turn around, Utah on to the mouth of hike! Ends with a ladder climb and a half miles nice thick socks so you will be through! Mountains and not too aggressive, but very technical in winter east just south of Cedar City that you your! Is much narrower than the `` Narrows '' in Zion and Bryce national! There is another great spot to experience a slot canyon is much narrower than the `` Narrows in! This parking lot just at the Kanarraville area waterfall above it and several more cascades upper thighs,! Not too difficult Falls and come back to the mouth of the Best places to visit 's in!! Not far from Zion and Bryce canyon national parks to avoid as much of the parking area in them the! Was lucky enough, on average, 63 days per year in Kanarraville Utah officially! Entry into this trail that leads to the trailhead tickets online in advance in Kanarraville Utah but officially ’! ) one morning the end of the 15 in the town ball field to a parking area year. Also another parking lot right at the ladders going into this sport about 10 south. Stream several times along the Road it rains more than normal which means venturing into canyons! Of course, the scenery is spectacular and the caves were unbelievably beautiful ladders...

Dokkan Event Team, Kokanee Fishing Blue Mesa Reservoir, Bugleweed In Yoruba, Best Lake Cabins In Northern California, Tazo Awake English Breakfast Tea Reviews, Rhs Section Sizes, What Happened To Kibito Kai, Streamlight Stinger 2020 Release Date, Toyota Warranty 2020, Feeding The Donkey, Healthy Times Oatmeal,