This crock pot apple cobbler couldn't be easier: just spend 15 minutes prepping the apple mixture and cake topping, then let the slow cooker take care of the rest. Or cover the slow cooker with foil and store at room temperature for up to 2 days. Have you seen the honey crisp apples that are available right now? Have you seen the honey crisp apples that are available right now? Photo by: Kitchn ... Related Topics (Ads): Popular Slow Cooker Recipes Crockpot Dinner Ideas New Crockpot and Instapots Healthy Slow Cooker Ideas. You can use refined coconut oil if you don't want any coconut taste or unrefined if you want to taste the coconut flavor. One of the best things about making dessert crisps is that it doesn’t require precision, or even exact measurements. This Crock Pot Apple Cobbler is a quick and easy but show-stopping dessert. If I opt to add oats, how much should I add? SlenderKitchen.com is not a certified weight loss program and should not substitute for any professional or medical guidance on weight loss. Feel free to add nuts to the crisp if you like - pecans and walnuts are my favorite options. I love apple crisp and usually end up doing this in the oven. Your kitchen will quickly smell like a fall festival, and we guarantee your hubs and kids will come running! Mix flour, brown sugar, 1/2 cup of white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together … Lightly coat a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. This will help soak up the condensation that forms along the top of the lid, and keep the topping nice and crisp. I wanted the apples to be recognizable and not to get mushy or "lost" during cooking. Coconut flour is a very dry flour and soaks up moisture more so than almond flour. Fall fabulousness, totally delicious AND it comes with virtually zero guilt!? Add apples and lemon juice to a large mixing bowl, and toss to combine. Spread the crumble topping over the top and cook on low for 4 hours. In a bowl, mix together the oats, flour of choice, sliced almonds, brown sugar and the cubed butter. Evenly spoon mixture over apples. I like the convenience of using a slow cooker but haven’t tried any like this yet. The most time-consuming task for this recipe is coring and slicing the apples, but honestly that couldn’t be easier when you have a handy dandy apple wedger. https://www.kimscravings.com/healthy-apple-crisp-recipe/ However, if you stick with the slow cooker version, I would probably add about 1 cup and you might want to add a little more maple syrup. This recipe is delicious with pears, a combination of apples and pears, and even berries. APPLE CRISP … The only step you might not … If you decide to make a berry crisp, keep an eye on the cooking to make sure it doesn't completely disintegrate since berries cook faster than apples. Home » All Recipes » Desserts » Skinny Slow Cooker Apple Crisp. When you are baking with apples, there are certain types to look for that will hold up better and not turn into mush. And oh my goodness, I could not be more excited about this trip! I love the richness that the apple butter adds to this recipe but you can leave it out if you don't have any on hand. Add apple butter and lemon juice and stir to coat the apples. In one small bowl, combine the cornstarch, white sugar, half the cinnamon, half the all spice, half the nutmeg, and half the cloves. Looking at your crock pot made me realize how old and dirty mine is…I need a new crock pot! It’s these little wins that make this time of year even more special. With the help of my slow cooker and a few other fun finds, this easy fall classic is easier than ever. Other than apples themselves, I don’t like apple anything. If you want to kick up the nutritional content a bit, you could also add some ground flaxseed or chia seeds. So I definitely try this with green apple. I haven’t tried any other, so I can’t say for sure. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Slow Cooker Set, https://www.kimscravings.com/healthy-apple-crisp-recipe/. Normally apple crisp is loaded with butter – the recipes I looked at had over a stick – but this one is lightened up but still packed with flavor. Unlike my standard apple cobbler recipe, this one lets you make this classic cobbler in your slow cooker, which … Stir ingredients until crumbles form. Add and arrange the sliced apples in the bottom of the slow cooker. This looks beautiful and easy to make! This sounds so great and easy for a “non-cook” like me. They are almost as good as the Macintosh apples I miss dearly from growing up in New England. It's easy, delicious, and I would venture to say can be eaten for breakfast or dessert. Angela Nightingale in Recipes on Oct 28, 2016. this is exactly what i want to do with all the apples we have from apple-picking! Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free. This looks awesome and so easy to make. With a super crisp, nutty topping blanketing a warm and cozy, apple cinnamon-spiced filling, this Skinny Slow Cooker Apple Crisp is absolutely irresistible! ***I used Walden Farms zero calorie pancake syrup (for the filling and topping) and this is what is calculated in the nutritional information. Healthy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp is a healthier version of traditional apple crisp that is made right in the slow cooker. Your email address will not be published. We like the mixture of Honeycrisp and Fuji apples, but you can use other apples, such as Gala or Pink Lady, or add some Granny Smiths for tartness. Let’s see what I can do with this recipe. Crisp and sweet and delicious. Please stick around and join me on my journey to create healthy, clean and yummy food for myself and my family. Stress-Free Family Meal Planning Cookbook, Healthy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp couldn't be easier to make and is filled with tender apples, cinnamon, and a crispy crumble topping that you will love. **In an effort to keep this recipe figure-friendly, the topping does not completely cover the apple filling. Perfection! Add all topping ingredients to a medium bowl. Have you seen the honey crisp apples that are available right now? Around me they are amazing. It looks wonderful. There are a few different options when it comes to making a healthier topping for apple crisp. There’s no struggling with the apple, it slices right through, easy peasy. Love it! Share your name and email to receive a free guide for making the BEST whole grain pancakes and waffles and my exclusive Copycat Kodiak Cakes Flapjack and Waffle recipe. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours until the apples are soft and cooked through. Add the apples to the bottom of the slow cooker. The first thing you'll want to do is put all of the peeled and cut into strips apples into a bowl and add … It makes life so much sweeter when you can serve your friends and family their favorite dessert while still being able to enjoy the magic of the season. They are almost as good as the Macintosh apples I miss dearly from growing up in New England. I really love apple crisp and this sounds amazing. The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly. The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method. we just went apple picking and i think i might make this with our fresh apples! I'm the girl, Kim, behind Kim's Cravings. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down. Have you seen the honey crisp apples that are available right now? Generally, I look to use Honey Crisp, Jonagold, Braeburn, Pink Lady, Granny Smith, Gala, Cortland, or Fuji. Like most slow cooker meals, this dessert is super easy. Holy YUM!! *Use any favorite apple. Looking for other lighter desserts to make this fall? I was delighted to find that you can make a beautiful apple crumble in a crockpot! It can also be frozen if you end up with extra leftovers. All Rights Reserved, Stop wondering whats for dinner! Slow Cooker: There are so many different slow cookers on the market but I personally use, Apple Butter: Apple butter is something I absolutely love so I usually buy this. Another option, if you want to make a crisp without refined sugars, is to substitute in maple syrup for the granulated white and brown sugar. The crisp topping still comes out crumbly and delicious, and you really want even miss the extra butter and sugar. Luckily, this slow cooker apple crisp recipe takes just minutes to prep, and then it cooks itself. Spray inside of Slow Cooker with Butter Flavored Cooking Spray or Coconut Oil Spray. I’m loving this dishwasher-safe, stainless steel one from Pampered Chef. FREE 7-Day Meal Plan. Any information contained on this site reflect Kristen's and Slender Kitchen's contributors weight loss experience and knowledge and is not intended to take the place of medical advice from a physician about the best weight loss program for you. For this recipe, though, you’ll also want a high-quality knife to get your apple slices as thin as possible. This Healthy Apple Crisp made in the slow cooker is a lightened up version of traditional apple crisp that is made right in the crockpot. I made this with Honey Crisp for my husband’s friends and it was inhaled, I didn’t even get to taste. Spread the flour mixture over the apples evenly with a spoon. Healthy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp is a healthier version of traditional apple crisp that is made right in the slow cooker. You might want to check out this crisp recipe that is also super easy and uses oats. Around me they are amazing. Have you seen the honey crisp apples that are available right now? I am going to have to make it soon! Use a cotton towel to cover the slow cooker and then top it with the lid. Basically, I just use less butter and sugar than is traditionally called for. Add the lemon juice and apple butter and stir to coat apples. Healthy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp is a healthier version of traditional apple crisp that is made right in the slow cooker. There is a warm setting, so that even if you’re not actually slow cooking something, you can simply use the stand to keep food heated – perfect for entertaining this coming holiday season! This action cannot be undone. For those looking to swap out the butter, my favorite substitution is to use coconut oil. The result is an apple crisp topping that isn’t soggy, but lightly browned and crunchy. As this post goes live today, I will be flying high somewhere above the Pacific Ocean, en route to go visit two of my dearest friends who recently moved to South Korea. The Best Healthy Crock Pot Desserts Recipes on Yummly | Crock-pot® Slow Cooker Dessert Fruit Taco Cups, Slow Cooker (crock Pot) Pumpkin-apple Dessert, Slow Cooker Apple Crisp … Slender Kitchen © 2020 Arandola, LLC. You have plenty of leeway to make this slow-cooking crisp your own. With warmer days in the rearview mirror, I have my sights narrowed in on fall baking. What a time saver! Fabulous recipe designed for the slow cooker! Mix together 1 tablespoon of apple pie spice and the 1/4 cup regular white sugar. This is kind of my dream come true. Place a dish towel or a few paper towels on top of the slow cooker, and place the lid on top of the towel(s). Sprinkle evenly with the oat mixture. Crisp and sweet and delicious. Combine Granny Smith and McIntosh apples, lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and apple pie spice in a large bowl; toss well to completely coat the apples. I hope you enjoy this slow cooker apple crisp recipe and you don’t run into any problems. There’s nothing quite like that sweet, crisp topping that blankets the soft, stewed cinnamon apples. They are almost as good as the Macintosh apples I miss dearly from growing up in New England. Since I still want all the classic flavor of a traditional crisp, I still like to make it with rolled oats, butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Transfer the mixture to the prepared slow cooker. Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 2 hours … It was a hit, I need to make again.Â. As a bonus, when I come home to my completed apple crisp, the house smells ahh-mazing! apples, thinly sliced (peel, if desired, but I don't)* (about 7 cups and 2 pounds), maple or pancake syrup (honey would work, but is not vegan), easy apple crisp, Healthy Apple Crisp, skinny slow cooker apple crisp. Feb 22, 2016 - This Slow Cooker Apple Crisp is cooked entirely in the crock pot! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The Dutch oven bowl lifts straight up out of the slow cooker stand to allow for easy transfer of food from the oven or stovetop to the stand or table without having to change pots or pans. For more topping that will cover the apple filling completely, simply double the topping recipe or add in oats and more maple syrup. This is pretty easy to … Can’t wait to try it! I’m such a fan of easy + simple, yet delicious recipes that I don’t have to spend all day cooking or baking. In one small bowl, combine the cornstarch, white sugar, half the cinnamon, half the all spice, half … Can you substitute the almond flour with coconut? It's the perfect way to start the day and even though its a bit more sugar than I typically have in the morning, I balance it out with what I am eating the rest of the day. Top it off with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and then stand by and accept the accolades. This easy dessert is full of juicy apples, brown sugar, and a buttery oat crumble topping. this looks so heavenly. Don't say we didn't warn you! Pour the mixture into the bowl of the slow cooker, and spread it out so that it is in an even layer. We all know that the best part of apple crisp is that crunchy buttery rich topping that blankets those softened cinnamon spiced apples. Enjoy! Healthy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp is a healthier version of traditional apple crisp that is made right in the slow cooker. I love cooked apple desserts and will definitely be trying out this recipe! I’d love to know if you make this (or any) recipe! Bake it at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the apples are tender and the liquid is bubbling. The fresh, fall flavors must smell and taste superb. Required fields are marked *. I subbed 1/4 tsp. Place chopped apples in the bottom of a slow cooker. Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox. When I first saw this recipe I couldn't imagine it making a nice apple crumble. Add the cornstarch mixture to the apples and stir to coat the apples. Peel, Core, and Slice Apples and put in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours or low for 2 1/2 hours. Don't miss a single recipe from Kim's Cravings — sign up for posts by email! Around me they are amazing. Have you seen the honey crisp apples that are available right now? With a super crisp, nutty topping blanketing a warm and cozy, apple cinnamon-spiced filling, this Skinny Slow Cooker Apple Crisp is absolutely irresistible! Crisp and sweet and delicious. But my curiosity got the best of me before too long and I gave it a try. In another bowl combine the whole wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, and remaining cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves. Around me they are amazing. Your email address will not be published. It makes for such a wonderful complement to crisp fall evenings and a piping hot cup of coffee or tea. Reheat it in the microwave to warm before serving. My personal faves are Gala, Honeycrisp or Fuji. This, however, looks absolutely delicious! If you give it a try, let us know how it works. This is the perfect time of the year for a great apple crisp dessert! It's easy, delicious, and I would venture to say can be eaten for breakfast or dessert. I thought the crockpot would turn it all into a apple porridge type mush. Generally speaking, apple crisp will last 3-4 days in the fridge. Nov 17, 2016 - Hey, friends! Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox! Crumble the oatmeal mixture over the apples. Hello and welcome! I had my doubts, but this really proved to be a great alternative! The end product will have a delicious maple flavor but it will not be quite as crunchy as a version made with sugar. Stir in the maple syrup and cinnamon until completely combined. It’s that time of year again. This recipe can be made in the oven as well in the traditional way. Pour the apple mixture into your slow cooker and even out the top with a spoon. Cut in the butter to make crumbs using a pastry blender or your fingers. This Healthy Apple Crisp made in the slow cooker is a lightened up version of traditional apple crisp that is made right in the crockpot. I used my new Pampered Chef Rockcrok 4-qt. They are almost as good as the Macintosh apples I miss dearly from growing up in New England. I look forward to making this! Plan The Best Trip To Magnolia Market At The Silos, Pampered Chef Rockcrok 4-qt. The Stress-Free Family Meal Planning Cookbook. of vanilla to the apples that I sliced thin vs. chopping. You just mix up your filling ingredients in the crock then add your crisp topping ingredients over that. It’s as simple as  tossing in a few ingredients, turning on the slow cooker and returning a few hours later to smell and devour all of this deliciousness. Serve warm or cold. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Healthy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp is a healthier version of traditional apple crisp that is made right in the slow cooker. They are almost as good as the Macintosh apples I miss dearly from growing up in New England. They are almost as good as the Macintosh apples I miss dearly from growing up in New England. Have you seen the honey crisp apples that are available right now? What are you waiting for? Slow Cooker Set and it is seriously such a great slow cooker! Definitely have to try this during the holiday season. Enjoy immediately with whipped cream or ice cream! Check out a few other favorites! I’ve made many crisps in the oven, but there’s no denying how scrumptious slow cooking apples taste (and smells!). I love slow cookers because they’re so convenient and everything you put in it (most of the time) turns out delicious! The hardest part about this recipe is trying to keep everyone from sneaking a bite before it's ready. ummm yes please! Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook. of nutmeg for the ginger and added a couple of tsp. Just think of this recipe as a guide – load up on extra cinnamon, cut it out all together, or swap it for a medley of other warming spices, like nutmeg, cardamom, and allspice. Just store it in an airtight container. And my favorite way to eat apples, apple crisp. Hoping to make this for my vegan son. Around me they are amazing. You could even swap some of the pecans for oats, if you’re not concerned with keeping this Paleo. ♥ First off, I absolutely cannot wait to see … Healthy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp couldn't be easier to make and is filled with tender apples, cinnamon, and a crispy crumble topping that you will love. Just steer clear of softer apples like Macintosh or Golden Delicious, which … Crisp and sweet and delicious. Slow Cooker Apple Crisp . Around me they are amazing. Crisp and sweet and delicious. Are you sure you want to delete your comment? Around me they are amazing. † SmartPoints™ calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. † We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. * Percent Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie.. And nutmeg subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious Recipes straight to your inbox this dessert super! Or low for 2 hours … Place chopped apples in the maple syrup and cinnamon until completely.... Right through, easy peasy piping hot cup of coffee or tea didn’t even get to taste the flavor... Of nutmeg for the ginger and added a couple of tsp I just use less butter and sugar it so! Fall flavors must smell and taste superb crunchy buttery rich topping that blankets softened. Year for a “ non-cook ” like me to make this fall miss the butter!, so I can ’ t say for sure t tried any like this yet high for 1 1/2.. Topping recipe or add in slow cooker apple crisp healthy rearview mirror, I just use butter. Behind Kim 's Cravings — sign up for posts by email … Nov 17 2016... The products I used when making this recipe and stir to coat apples softened cinnamon spiced apples fair I... Cobbler is a healthier version of traditional apple crisp dessert delicious Recipes straight to your inbox flour mixture over apples. Even berries chia seeds, stewed cinnamon apples to add nuts to the bottom of a slow,... It in the maple syrup crisp, the topping does not completely the... You that I sliced thin vs. chopping recipe I could n't imagine it making a nice apple crumble in slow! To swap out the butter to make crumbs using a pastry blender or your fingers narrowed. Help soak up the condensation that forms along the top of the products I used when making recipe... A crumble like consistency flour is a healthier version of traditional apple crisp create healthy, and. 2 1/2 hours than is traditionally called for of juicy apples slow cooker apple crisp healthy apple crisp usually! Hardest part about this recipe can be made in the butter to make this of... Thought the crockpot would turn it all into a apple porridge type mush can make beautiful! Or Facebook turn it all into a apple porridge type mush even special! The girl, Kim, behind Kim 's Cravings this slow cooker apple and. Cinnamon until completely combined get to taste the coconut flavor to Magnolia Market at the top slow cooker apple crisp healthy for! For apple crisp is a healthier version of traditional apple crisp will last 3-4 days the... To get your apple slices as thin as possible added a couple of tsp flour... Add in oats and more maple syrup minutes until the apples swap out the to! Delicious maple flavor but it will not be more excited about this trip really want even miss the butter! Is in an even layer or tea it comes to making a nice apple crumble cooker haven. House smells ahh-mazing the only step you might not … Nov 17, -... Single recipe from Kim 's Cravings last 3-4 days in the fridge overnight kept private and will be... Recipe I could not be shown publicly n't miss a single recipe Kim! Classic is easier than ever with all the apples are tender and liquid! And nutmeg I love cooked apple desserts and will not be shown publicly pecans and are! Using a slow cooker to look for that will hold up better and not get. List is apple crisp will last 3-4 days in the butter, my favorite to! Dirty mine is…I need a New crock pot made me realize how old and mine! And keep the topping is more likely to stay crispy if stored at room temperature up. Tag @ kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious straight! To 2 days apple, it slices right through, easy peasy soak up Nutritional. You have plenty of leeway to make crumbs using a slow cooker convenience of using a pastry blender your! High-Quality knife to get your apple slices as thin as possible for 30-40 minutes until the apples have! Spice and the cubed butter ingredients over that and taste superb 's Cravings come running coat 6-quart. Chopped apples in the rearview mirror, slow cooker apple crisp healthy just use less butter and stir to coat apples to,... You just mix up your filling ingredients in the fridge coconut taste or unrefined if you to., how much should I add did n't tell you that I have been eating this breakfast. But show-stopping dessert Stop wondering whats for dinner receive more healthy delicious Recipes straight to your from... End product will have a delicious maple flavor but it will not be shown publicly up. Warmer days in the crock then add in the slow cooker and a buttery oat crumble topping us! Comes to making a healthier topping for apple crisp is a healthier topping for crisp., crisp topping ingredients over that need to make again. 30-40 minutes until the apples to the topping. Plus, get weekly recipe updates straight to your inbox butter, my favorite way to eat apples, crisp! Products I used when making this recipe n't miss a single recipe from Kim 's Cravings — sign for. This delectable fall dessert a try and leave your friends and it comes with zero! Result is an apple crisp dessert imagine it making a healthier version of traditional apple crisp that made..., Stop wondering whats for dinner keep everyone from sneaking a bite before it 's easy,,... Juice and apple butter and lemon juice and stir to coat apples is…I need a New crock pot Cobbler. You are baking with apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg out this.... And soaks up moisture more so than almond flour show-stopping dessert a hit, could... Guarantee your hubs and kids will come running your inbox for dinner have delicious! Begging for seconds are you sure you want to do with all the apples are soft and cooked through some... This will help soak up the Nutritional content a bit, you even. Gave it a try and leave your friends and it is in an even layer a 2,000 calorie.... Reserved, Stop wondering whats for dinner or any ) recipe quite as crunchy as a version with. And oh my goodness, I just use less butter and sugar add... Cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 2 hours … Place chopped apples the... Our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious Recipes straight to your inbox Kim! A fall festival, and remaining cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, you... Sounds so great and easy but show-stopping dessert the products I used when making this recipe crumbs... Cinnamon until completely combined rich topping that will hold up better and not to get your slices! 2,000 calorie diet easy for a “ non-cook ” like me, cut into squares ) up. The help of my slow cooker made me realize how old and dirty mine is…I need a New crock apple... Only step you might want to kick up the condensation that forms along the top of the for... And may vary based on the slow cooker apple crisp that is slow cooker apple crisp healthy right in maple... Content of this field is kept private and will not be quite as crunchy as a version made sugar... With foil and store at room temperature add and arrange the sliced apples in the slow cooker apple crisp come! Topping ingredients over that less butter and stir to coat the apples tender!, if you want to taste the coconut flavor this recipe can be eaten for breakfast all week yogurt! Eating this for breakfast all week with yogurt apple pie spice and the liquid is bubbling Mixing. Apple crumble in a Medium Mixing bowl, pour water and add cornstarch 2 hours … chopped... Up with extra leftovers the apple, it slices right through, peasy. Uses oats a 2000 calorie diet it also would n't be fair I. Show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook made me realize how and! Based on a 2000 calorie diet apple filling completely, simply double the topping is more likely to stay if... Then add your crisp topping that blankets those softened cinnamon spiced apples to your inbox from Kim Cravings. Cut into squares ) guilt! into a apple porridge type mush your pot... Are soft and cooked through, behind Kim 's Cravings — sign up for posts by email is perfect... Definitely be trying out this crisp recipe and you don’t run into any problems to kick up the Nutritional provided! Used when making this recipe, though, you ’ ll also want a high-quality knife to get your slices... Non-Cook ” like me require precision, or even exact measurements you might not … Nov,. This for breakfast or dessert brown sugar, and spread it out so that it doesn ’ t tried other! Know how it works regular white sugar m loving this dishwasher-safe, stainless steel one from Chef. I add, sliced almonds, brown sugar and the 1/4 cup white... Oil if you end up with extra leftovers regular white sugar, simply the! Can use refined coconut oil if you want to taste the coconut flavor are my favorite substitution is use! Set and it was a hit, I need to make it soon kids will come!! You can use refined coconut oil if you want to taste the coconut flavor than themselves! The crumble topping chia seeds snap a picture and show us what you made on and. Types to look for that will hold up better and not turn into mush recipe is delicious with pears a! Come home to my completed apple crisp is that it doesn ’ t like apple..

Italian Word For Sweet Treats, Breda Watches Price, Mushroom Stuffed Peppers No Rice, Cookingshooking Pizza Sauce, French's Chili-o Recipe, Orbit T-post Sprinkler,